Favorite Stadiums

Favorites:1.) Camp Randall Stadium- just has so much drum corps history and is a great stadium to perform in. plus we had one of the coolest warm up spots ever.

2.) IU Memorial Stadium in Bloomington- this has to be the coolest place I've ever rehearsed at....I seriously hope finals is there in 08(which is what is rumored if the new dome isn't finished.)

Least Favorites:1.) J Birney Crum- I love Allentown, it is a beautiful place, but this stadium is pure evil.

2.) RCA Dome- I love rehearsing here, but the reverb in performances is AWFUL;yes the air conditioning is nice, but it still does not make up for the awful reverb...plus the walk here sucks.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Invesco

Boise State (I think it was that one. Whichever stadium is the blue smurf turf)

And I'll agree with brassmeaway in that Madison was a mess with logistics and everything else.

I can't begin to tell you how much it pleased me for the New England Patriots to get beat by the Colts in the last minute of their game on Sunday.

:angry:

As a performer, I liked Boise State, Invesco, and Rich in Buffalo. Good acoustics, good logistics.

As a spectator, I love Invesco, not only because it's a great drum corps venue, but because I live across the street, too. :)

Camp Randall has a cool atmoshpere, but between the awful parking, the metal, unbacked bleachers, and the nightmare of the concourses, it's less than an ideal spot.

I'm pretty leery about the Rose Bowl... I have visions of the sound escaping and shallow sight lines... we'll see, but I'm not optomistic. It'll still be fun to be there, though.

Favorites: Georgia Dome, Camp Randall, Giants Stadium, Memorial Stadium in Charlotte (NightBEAT, Crown's show), stadium at Marshall U

Least favorites: J Birney, RCA Dome (the trek from warmup to stadium...), Bristol RI (love everything and everyone except the GRASS), some pretty awful hs stadiums with holes and stuff...

I'm pretty leery about the Rose Bowl... I have visions of the sound escaping and shallow sight lines... we'll see, but I'm not optomistic. It'll still be fun to be there, though.

I wacthed the Rose Bowl game this year in HD and paid close attention to the stadium design. I'm not at all looking forward to the sound....however going to California for the first time in my life will be pretty sweet!!! :angry:

I wacthed the Rose Bowl game this year in HD and paid close attention to the stadium design. I'm not at all looking forward to the sound....however going to California for the first time in my life will be pretty sweet!!! :angry:

Yeah, you should have a blast... Southern California is great, with the exception of the people that live there! ;)

From a crowd member point of few:

Good

Camp Randall (get VIP parking :angry: )

Inveso (Denver)

Ames Field (Michigan City, IN)

Glass Bowl (Toledo, OH)

Bad

Allentown ampssuck

The places used in Kalamazoo, MI & Battle Creek, MI <**>

Domes

Pontiac Silverdome (Pontiac, MI) = HORRID!!!

RCA Dome = I've learned to deal with it

Georgia Dome = best dome I've been in

Alamo Dome = haven't been there yet

Ford Field (Detroit, MI) = not a dome but it is covered...and I was impressed!! :wub:

Edited by LaSqueegee

Yeah, you should have a blast... Southern California is great, with the exception of the people that live there! ;)

What is wrong with Southern California women???? :sshh: