Camp Randall (get VIP parking :angry: )

Inveso (Denver)

Ames Field (Michigan City, IN)

Glass Bowl (Toledo, OH)

Bad

Allentown ampssuck

The places used in Kalamazoo, MI & Battle Creek, MI <**>

Domes

Pontiac Silverdome (Pontiac, MI) = HORRID!!!

RCA Dome = I've learned to deal with it

Georgia Dome = best dome I've been in

Alamo Dome = haven't been there yet

Ford Field (Detroit, MI) = not a dome but it is covered...and I was impressed!! :wub:

I agree with most of your assessments. I enjoyed Kzoo, but it's as close to Oakland County as we get during the summer so it's my "home show".

The Silverdome is horrid, especially when you're taking a high school band in there for MCBA competitions and trying to get them used to what it sounds like. It's awful. Ford Field wasn't too bad, haven't performed in there though, only there as staff. Curious what it's like during a show.

Agree with all that hated Foxboro...horrible venue for DCI. Fire alarm and ugly dead, brown grass were two big issues I had. Although I did enjoy Boston and driving along the Mass. coast...some nice small towns.

Was not a huge fan of Orlando in 2003, but the weather sure didn't help.

I would enjoy going back to Denver again. Stadium was nice and the city was fun.

I enjoyed Camp Randall as well. College town was fun and the stadium had a lot of history. Seats were uncomfortable however and was very tight. There is also the inconvenience of no close airport.

Even though it was in a Dome, the Atlanta show was a lot of fun this year. Accoustics were not as bad as I imagined and the crowd was very into the performances.

Two things I don't like about Kalamazoo:

1.) Amtrak train

2.) the sun is totally in the crowds face

I didn't seem to have any problems with Foxboro. It was hot....but you can't control the weather. I think they just put in field turf this past season....at least that is what John Madden said!! :angry: I liked going to the east coast. Plus thought the club level in Foxboro was better then Denver...but I still liked Denver better in general.

I should point out that I did not enjoy the event staff telling me to leave during Blue Knights finals night perfomance. I told him I will leave when they were done!!! He wasn't happy with me!!! :wub:

I enjoyed being in the history at Camp Randall last year, but, oh, how uncomfortable! The seats are obviously numbered for people who weigh 100 lbs each, they seem to be about 5 inches across.

Edited by Lafalot

Reitz Bowl, Evansville, IN.

My home stadium. It's a bear to watch a show sitting on the concrete section. Too bad it does not the the crowds that it used to. High school bands from the tri-state area used to bus in for the show and there would be about 6-7000 people in the stands. Now it is just in the hundreds.

http://www.reitz84.com/images/bowl-1.jpg

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp.../Reitzbowl2.gif

Quite the varied response.

My favorite place to both perform and watch was Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City.

What a great facility.

As far as I know they never hosted a show again after Finals in 89

Its a shame. Its a great facility with miles and miles of parking and warm up.

I am assuming (probably incorrectly) that most of the people posting to this thread were not there in 88 or 89 or it would really have stuck out. It really was heads above most other sites.