Rule voting results

The idea has merit...but I don't like the fact that you would have to tell people they can't march because we're going Div I, especially if they've been a member of that corps for their whole drum corps experience. And I think it would make it slightly harder to move up to Div I.

I agree with all you said, but if each div II/III corps has to find 15 more kids that will now be in Div I corps why not revers the flow in this manner?

If 15 kids under 22 leave the Div II/II corps to march Div I due to the increase to 150, why not let the Div I age outs come down to Div II/III to replace them?

Yea, its not perfect, and would make the move to Div I harder, but at the same time, it wouldn't make it any harder than it is as of right now would it?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually the year after I aged out they changed the rule so if you turn 22 after June 1st you can finish the season, so 22 is actually the age out age.

I would have been able to march 91 if they had gotten around to it a year earlier LOL

I also agree that marching div II/III would not be the same as marching Div I, but I think (and no insult intended) many would consider it preferable to marching Senior corps

I stand corrected...

With these new proposals, the distinction between bandos and Drum Corps will become very blurred. If Drum Corps wants to remain the self-proclaimed "marching elite" it should distance itself from this nonsense.

Marching Music's Major League:

Electronics = Steroids

Why? There are always two parts to playing an instrument, no matter what it is. a] timing, and b] sound quality. For all these years, no matter how amped, played, piston rotored, or kevlared the note, it required at least both of those things. Electronics removes the responsibility of sound quality from the player. That fundamentally changes the activity, and should be avoided at all costs.

Oh, and for 150? Why the hell not make it no limit. Why bother with such silly things as competitive limits. </sarcasm>

Let's not forget why 150 has a chance. If tour fees are $2000, you add $30k to the bottom line while having to only pay out for their food. The truth is that this is mortgaging the health of the league, middle to bottom. When we went from 128 to 135, can we say anything other than the non-finalists are more unstable? Sorry, but that made finalist corps a little more stable, and non-finalists trying to fill more spots. With the 7 spots they added, corps picked up about $14k. This triples the problem.

Let's please hope that the directors put the smack down on the caucus...

1) I'm pretty sure that there are 15 seats on the busses that are "open," but I think they are forgetting about the understudies/alternates.

2) I might be wrong, but the Cadets used to run 4 members busses - one of the selling points being that members had a better opportunity to get their own seat.

3) Electronic instruments?!? Are you serious! I'm no hardcore dinosaur, but that is almost to much for me to even consider accepting.

4) Div 2/3 has been going down for years, this may be another hole in the boat - but unless the BOD really does something proactive it won't be much longer before they are a thing of the past.

...I'm just holding out hope that PR, SCV, and BLuecoats vote against these rules. Even if they are passed I just want to hold out that little hope that those corps don't go down that road.

Hooray!! Electronics!!! Drum Corps advances!

JMO. DBM.