Would you?

Yes, You are 16, what you post and how you post surely backs that up. Never marched ?? I was in and out before you were even born son, get your facts straight, and I could care less if you think I should stop going or whatever, doesnt change the fact that you are quite vocal about an activity you never were in yet. And you make quite a few assumptions regarding things like my open mindedness, my marching history and what not.....grow , you'll learn, until then, keep on as only you can and you arrogance will let you.

~G~

so that makes you like over 35 right? maybe even older? and you're on a internet forum getting into a pissing match with a 16 year old? wow.... :blink:

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No really G, I'm asking you as a current marching member and while speaking FOR MYSELF, not any other group or anything, STOP GOING TO DCI! Guess what? I was asked my opinion on electronics. I say, let them go. You want an electronics driven corps to fail? I think you've already failed. You've stopped being a fan. So why don't you PLEASE TAKE YOUR BALL AND GO HOME. The kids that have taken over the field don't care for you. I know, I don't need your t-shirt money or cd money. I'll buy them myself and wear my shirt proudly and listen to my music, heck, even watch my video. You know why? I like drum corps. Where it came from, where it is, and where it's going. Want to view arrogant? Meet the guy that think his opinion is so important that the drum corps world should stop because he doesn't like it. So, I've had a say. I'm sorry it didn't get passed. Now what? How about you and Hroth take a minute to regroup, and decide your next course of action over an activity that neither of you actively participate in.

w/Stp:

You're right. DCI didn't change everything at once, either. Bb first....the other crap will follow.

The key doesn't bother me. Amplification gets on my nerves sometimes and screws up recordings sometimes, but for the most part I try to ignore it. I don't want to see it in DCA.

The day DCA brings in amped voice I'm gone from there too.

I'm not going to sit through a bunch of drum corps doing their best imitation of Riverside Community College or Marion Catholic high school to see one alumni corps perform.

I can stay at home and watch drum corps. This is an effort to line their own pockets.

And I own it...but it's sad to know that I I could have 15 more years of drum corps in this collection...but they stuck the knife in with the switch to Bb and it keeps getting deeper with each change.

Same response as the alumni situation. If I want to see the closest thing to drum corps that I can, I will go to a DCA show...at least there are a few left that have the right idea.

Man, how do you even get out of bed in the morning.

The Classic Countdown is a great way to bring fans together to watch shows many of us have either never seen or don't own (not everyone can afford every Legacy DVD), and it does go to keep DCI and corps running...you'd probably also complain if it were 1996 again and DCI were broke again.

Also, they've started offering, at least with an 'on sale' basis, some of the early 2000s dvds for I think $65-70, which is what, $20 more than the Legacy (can't remember), but a much better deal than $99...and it SHOULD be worth more than Legacy because it has many more features.

so, I guess you're a "glass half empty" kinda guy.

that's fine, but we'll see. Personally, I don't think Amplification will be introduced into the DCA arena for quite some time... if ever.

~>conner

I didn't want any of the junk that has been introduced to DCI...I thought surely they will never dump the bugles from drum & bugle corps. Then I thought surely they will never use amplification. Surely they will NOT sing on the field with microphones. It's been one dissapointment after another.

When DCI went to bugles I thought....well at least there is DCA....surely THEY will never dump the bugles from drum and bugle corps.

Past is Prologue....

so that makes you like over 35 right? maybe even older? and you're on a internet forum getting into a pissing match with a 16 year old? wow.... :worthy:

You are 16 and getting into a pissing match with someone that knows much more than you???? Wow !!! :blink:

The key doesn't bother me. Amplification gets on my nerves sometimes and screws up recordings sometimes, but for the most part I try to ignore it. I don't want to see it in DCA.

The day DCA brings in amped voice I'm gone from there too.

I'm struggling enough with dealing with having to march "drum corps" and playing a trumpet. I don't appreciate it, but it is the closest thing to me resembling a drum corps and it is somewhere to perform and I know the leadership has their stuff together. If I could work it into my schedule I would drive 7 hours to rehearsals to perform on bugles, but I can't. This is the most of a sacrifice I am willing to make. I can drive one hour and march in a college marching band. The day that DCA goes the rest of the way that DCI has, then college marching band is the only marching activity I would do. DCA will be just as dead to me as DCI is.

It really sucks. Drum Corps, as it was when I discovered it and participated in it, was something very special to me. It's something unique and painful to watch that be dismantled and changed into a shadow of what it once was....especially by those charged to protect and manage the activity. I have no beef with anybody performing in DCI today...it's not about them. It's not even about the staffs in general. However, these people that are proposing and introducing elements into Drum and Bugle Corps that make it nothing more than a well funded high school or college band pisses me off.

Man, how do you even get out of bed in the morning.

The Classic Countdown is a great way to bring fans together to watch shows many of us have either never seen or don't own (not everyone can afford every Legacy DVD), and it does go to keep DCI and corps running...you'd probably also complain if it were 1996 again and DCI were broke again.

Also, they've started offering, at least with an 'on sale' basis, some of the early 2000s dvds for I think $65-70, which is what, $20 more than the Legacy (can't remember), but a much better deal than $99...and it SHOULD be worth more than Legacy because it has many more features.

Would DCI being broke not be something to complain about? If it were still an activity I cared about and were being mismanaged again, yes I would be ###### off and complaining. This comes from me being capable of managing something and being ###### off at someone who doesn't ruining something good (you listening NJ?).

That's fantastic that the early 2000 DVDs are for sale. Do they sell them with only corps in G playing on them? Becuase otherwise I'll buy a BOA video. I don't have a problem with men dressing in drag and holding beauty contests...but I'll be ###### off if I turn on the Miss America pagent and see it there......it's the same thing.

Well okay then, I guess you'll never go to any DCI show or buy any DCI corps materials...pretty much ever again.

You are 16 and getting into a pissing match with someone that knows much more than you???? Wow !!! :grouphug:

Maybe this is more a question of where our generations stand than even drum corps. What the hell makes an adult the more knowledgable source with the better opinion? Or in this case, the better ######? Just because he's been pisssing longer, and let me tell ya, Gmichael will #### ( AND MOAN) with the best of them. Sorry, I don't think it should just happen to be that way. I'm sure you'll disagree and as mature(sometimes) younger person, I feel you're MORE than entitled to that opinon, but don't tell me that just because he's an adult acting like a child he's in the right. I disagree. In fact, he's ESPECIALLY in the wrong.