Would you?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCA has started enacting all the same BS that DCI has. When it gets to the point where DCI is now, then yes, the same logic will apply.

Amplification of pit came up - and was defeated. DCA is nowhere near the direction that DCI is taking.

I'm not going to sit through a bunch of drum corps doing their best imitation of Riverside Community College or Marion Catholic high school to see one alumni corps perform.

It's funny -- I marched at Marian Catholic in the early 80's and back then all we wanted to do was to blow like Spirt of Atlanta, drum like Phantom Regiment, march like the Garfield Cadets and have fun like the Bridgemen.

My how things have come full circle .... :)

It's funny -- I marched at Marian Catholic in the early 80's and back then all we wanted to do was to blow like Spirt of Atlanta, drum like Phantom Regiment, march like the Garfield Cadets and have fun like the Bridgemen.

My how things have come full circle .... :)

Heh...anyone remember Rocky Mount High School from the early 80's? :)

Knowing the results on electronics from the instructors’ caucus would you boycott the corps suvie stand who director voted for Electronics???

No, but when I shop at corps suvie stands 99% of the time it's for purely selfish reasons: I like a t-shirt a corps selling, or I want a DVD, etc. I don't buy a lot of souvie stuff anymore, but when I do it's hardly ever for the sole reason of helping support a group. I occasionally but something from a corps a student is marching in, a friend is on staff at, etc. but usually it's because I like the merchandise.

Amplification of pit came up - and was defeated. DCA is nowhere near the direction that DCI is taking.

You're right. DCI didn't change everything at once, either. Bb first....the other crap will follow.

You're right. DCI didn't change everything at once, either. Bb first....the other crap will follow.

so, I guess you're a "glass half empty" kinda guy.

that's fine, but we'll see. Personally, I don't think Amplification will be introduced into the DCA arena for quite some time... if ever.

~>conner