1988 .. an incredible year of change

hey Gellio,

What section were you in in 89?

I recall our Batman duel with your contra section that year. Spaz somehow got a dead bat in a ziploc bag onto the field for retreat and that ended it LOL

Sop. I don't know what you're talking about in '89. Tell us more. That sounds funny. Spaz was a Eupho. You guys were incredible in 1989 BTW. Watch that show a lot.

hey Gellio,

What section were you in in 89?

I recall our Batman duel with your contra section that year. Spaz somehow got a dead bat in a ziploc bag onto the field for retreat and that ended it LOL

I remember that bat being passed around. It definitely made it's way through the Sky Ryder contra section (EDIT: or was it SCV? Geeze I'm getting old...) during retreat once. Spaz was one of the most entertaining, funny people I ever met in drum corps.

Here's a few pics of Spaz on the 1988 Drum Corps Midwest All Star Drum and Bugle Corps trip to the Orange Bowl. (I still ... to this day... can't even look at a bottle of El Toro tequila. ampssuck

spaz6.jpg

Edited by bradrick

Sop. I don't know what you're talking about in '89. Tell us more. That sounds funny. Spaz was a Eupho. You guys were incredible in 1989 BTW. Watch that show a lot.

In 89 when the first Batman movie came out we (Regiment low brass) had a contest with your low brass.

The contest was to see who could get the most batman stuff on the field at retreat.

We all had batman Stickers in our helmets, your guys had action figures.

One of our contras had a foot long batmobile he got into retreat in his bell.

So one night, somewhere in the midwest, Spaz pulls this dead bat in a ziploc bag out of his uniform.

Right there, on the spot, we decalred you guys the winner LOL

Was a fun little sub competition that summer.

• Haha 1

PS- its a shame they don't do full retreat anymore on tour. Kids today have no idea what they are missing LOL

It IS a real shame... Half of my stories involve retreat. Perhaps I should start a new thread.

OMG, Spaz. One of the only Scouts I can specifically remember by name after they befriended us in '89. We did this concert in MI and then the Crusaders and Scouts starting hanging out a lot. I remember in Montreal having a night off at we're in this place and the Scouts show up & then the Blue Devils. What a love fest that night. One of my best memories.

Dave

BAC '87-'90

OMG, Spaz. One of the only Scouts I can specifically remember by name after they befriended us in '89. We did this concert in MI and then the Crusaders and Scouts starting hanging out a lot. I remember in Montreal having a night off at we're in this place and the Scouts show up & then the Blue Devils. What a love fest that night. One of my best memories.

Dave

BAC '87-'90

He was a riot. Funny stories. I was not aware of any of that.

Dave

BAC '87-'90

Oh Dear God

Montreal, 1989, Spaz and ElToro Tequila. Suddenly my alltime worst hangover has returned!