Classic Countdown Finalists

My thoughts as well. I might have paid to get a new take on Glassmen 2001 as well. Don't get me wrong, my favorite shows of all time are shows like '89 SCV ' Phantom of the Opera, and '95 Scouts, and '96 Phantom, 94 Blue Devils, '89 Phantom, '84 Cadets, 2006 Cavaliers, etc but If they are up on the screen again, I'm liable to doze off in the theatre. I've seen these shows WAAAY too much as it is. And that goes for most of these Corps listed except for a couple. Where the heck are the North Star, Crossmen, Bluecoats and so many others that would lend freshness to this event ?

You have great taste in drum corps btw... :worthy:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, I've been to every "DCI At the Theaters" event. I think I'll let this one pass.

A couple of things

I have written to DCI and told them that many people on here are not interested in going if they don't know what will be shown.

I suggest many of you do the same.

I have a feeling if they get enough letters they might change their mind.

Second, while I am disappointed that more BD didn't make it, I was thrilled to see 94 did.

Aside from 86 its my favorite BD show.

I am having second thoughts on going after seeing that almost half of the finalists (13 out of 30) are from the 00s.

I like most of the 00 shows that got selected, but just have no desire to spend that kind of money to see a bunch of recent shows. I want to see stuff from the 80s/90s (and I voted that way), but I have a feeling that with the amount of kids voting online who know nothing but the 00s, the finalist corps will reflect the 30 that got selected.

Crap. I'll go to the movie, but if more than half the shows are repeats I'm going to be a little upset...there's an awful lot of recent shows(like from the past 7 years...)

Looks like my votes went 4 out of 8 from the eliminations.

1977 Bridgeman

1987 Garfield Cadets

1988 Velvet Knights

1995 Madison Scouts

1997 Madison Scouts

2000 The Cavaliers

2006 Phantom Regiment

2006 Bluecoats

(Remaining 30)

1980 Bridgemen

1987 Garfield Cadets

1987 Santa Clara Vanguard

1995 Madison Scouts

2000 The Cavaliers

2001 Glassmen

2004 Santa Clara Vanguard

2006 Phantom Regiment

A couple of things

I have written to DCI and told them that many people on here are not interested in going if they don't know what will be shown.

I suggest many of you do the same.

I have a feeling if they get enough letters they might change their mind.

Second, while I am disappointed that more BD didn't make it, I was thrilled to see 94 did.

Aside from 86 its my favorite BD show.

I am having second thoughts on going after seeing that almost half of the finalists (13 out of 30) are from the 00s.

I like most of the 00 shows that got selected, but just have no desire to spend that kind of money to see a bunch of recent shows. I want to see stuff from the 80s/90s (and I voted that way), but I have a feeling that with the amount of kids voting online who know nothing but the 00s, the finalist corps will reflect the 30 that got selected.

I agree with everything you have said. Although you have one error.....your 2nd favorite BD show should be 1988 :P

Triple Forte

I voted heavily for Crossmen and Suncoast Sound. And yet... nothing. In fact, none of my votes are on there. I don't feel like paying to see a combination of the 2005 and 2006 countdowns... which is what's going to happen.

Is this a contest for the "best fan favorite" or something or really what is the point of it all, I'm wondering?

I love the 1980 27th Lancers too and DID vote for and will again as I never get tired of it, but I Don't want to pay to see some 06 shows that were just performed.

See I feel quite differently. Why (Especially if you have seen 1980 27 in the movies before) would you keep voting for it ?? Believe me when I tell you that I have one very clear favorite DCI show of all time.....but I would NEVER want to see it more than once on the big screen. Why ??? Because there are soooo many great shows and corps to see. To keep rehashing the same stuff is not to good....especailly since this is a "Once a year event". I dont think its fair that shows that have been featured on the "Big Screen" before can be selected again <**>

I wish BD 88 made it.

Me to....... :(

Triple Forte

Edited by Triple Forte

See I feel quite differently. Why (Especially if you have seen 1980 27 in the movies before) would you keep voting for it ?? Believe me when I tell you that I have one very clear favorite DCI show of all time.....but I would NEVER want to see it more than once on the big screen. Why ??? Because there are soooo many great shows and corps to see. To keep rehashing the same stuff is not to good....especailly since this is a "Once a year event". I dont think its fair that shows that have been featured on the "Big Screen" before can be selected again <**>

Me to....... :(

Triple Forte

Why? Maybe because there are alot who maybe haven't seen the show before. Maybe that's what DCI is counting on. It might be a rehash to us but for the "new fans", that is who this is obviously geared too.

I think it's one of the best shows of all time imo, that didn't win. I don't mind seeing that on the big screen at all, but call me partial cause I'm an alumni. I have to promote it. It's my job. :P I don't know if I have just "one" favorite, there are too many great shows to choose from, that just happens to be one of mine. Along with some of the others on the list.

Is that what this countdown is "supposed" to be about?

But DCI is the one who gave the options. There are alot of shows that are going to be rehashed. I'm just asking was their a purpose to this particular countdown? Was it "the best shows of all time"? I don't want to go see all those 00 shows that I just went to see live though, that's just me.

I'm interested in seeing the attendance numbers after this one.