Blue Shades ~ Cadets Recording on YEA.org

I like that alot, but it doesn't sound like something the Cadets would do, which makes it interesting to me.

If this is any indication, this will be a good year for them.

Wow..what a horn book.

I still can't get over this being the Cadets...I had to listen to it again!

I was excited about this show until this..

"Narration will tie much of the various productions together. The journey through musical styles can be intimidating, but we do have a great deal of talent at both the instructional level and within the performers," Kitchenman said. "Narration will be the icing on the cake."

Tell us with the music...

Icing on the cake or fly in the soup?

Edited by Lancerlady

That is some seriously cool stuff - assuming that they can play like that while moving, that hornline will be quite the ensemble come Finals. Sounds incredible for this early.

Just because I'm sick of the "this is great, but the narration makes me hate this show already even before I've seen it..." retardedness, I'll say.

I hope they add TONS of narration to spite you all!

I'm really glad that there have been so many good remarks about Blue Shades. It's a VERY difficult arrangement, especially for 64 horn players to get together. Jay did an outstanding job...very fast, very loud, many notes! As for the trumpet solos, they're not easy! It's taken me a few reads to really get them under my fingers. But thanks to all for the kind words!

Can't wait for the semester to be over, and move-in to finally come.

WHATEVER. :P ..but the point is...it DOESN'T need narration...I don't NEED you(the Cadets or any other narrators) to tell me what you're playing or doing on the field.

I know personally I don't like narration at all from ANY drum corps, not just the Cadets. I would LOVE to see and hear this show, it sounds cool, but I don't need the narration.

Just do it...like the Nike commercial says after all... :P

Sorry I don't want to be accused of hijacking a thread..so back to your drooling over the song, because it was enjoyable.

Edited by Lancerlady

Just because I'm sick of the "this is great, but the narration makes me hate this show already even before I've seen it..." retardedness, I'll say.

I hope they add TONS of narration to spite you all!

Have you forgotten that narration completely ruins a show for us? Takes everything that otherwise is good about the show and throws it out the window? That...kinds sucks.

Have you forgotten that narration completely ruins a show for us? Takes everything that otherwise is good about the show and throws it out the window? That...kinds sucks.

Whether he was being sarcastic or not, take in to consideration he knows full well why the anti-narration people don't like narration. I am quite sure he is not naive to that subject matter.

Have you forgotten that none of us care.

Go find something else to watch. Obviously drum corps IS NOT for you. At least, drum corps now, IS NOT for you. Your pointless and annoying rants about narration and amplification being straight from the devil himself are immature, redundant, and I think I speak for MANY who are tired of perfectly good threads being hijacked because of this.... Nothing in the thread title "Replying to Blue Shades ~ Cadets Recording on YEA.org" has ANYTHING to do with narration, the clip has NO narration in it, etc. Yet the thread has become ANOTHER pointless anti-narration thread... I know I am constantly on the offensive for narration, etc. But that's not what I'm defending... I'm defending the integrity of this thread. DCP needs to be LIBERATED as the threads are constantly being attacked by behavior which I can only classify as terrorism... I WILL NOT hesistate to let the President know that there are terrorist operations occuring IN THIS VERY COUNTRY THREAD!!!

Be aware. :rolleyes:

Whether he was being sarcastic or not, take in to consideration he knows full well why the anti-narration people don't like narration. I am quite sure he is not naive to that subject matter.

B) No sarcasm detected. All clear, sir.

Edited by SCVsopAaron