What people think of you

...and it is now YOUR duty to come in here and CHANGE THE WORLD... for the benefit of all mankind ... and all that stuff? And you've decided to come here

and be a joke with all the rest of us jokes?

OK...well... good luck.

Once again a "higher knowledge about everything in drum corps" has graced us with his presence here to show us all the correct way to think.

Thanks for stopping by. And try not to let other peoples opinions ruin your day.

And it's OK if you like amps in drum corps. Some people don't. That's just the way it is.

Way to completely miss the point. However, I'm not going to go off on your or anything because I don't want this thread locked. This thread NEEDS to be here!

I'm not here to change the world, but as you can see, many people do agree with me.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So I had some friends over to watch the top 12 DVDs, they aren't music majors or "bandos", just have a general love for music, art and this activity. They didn't seem phased at all by the uses of amplification going on in the shows (and these aren't laymans mind you) nor did have a problem with singing or narration. As we were watching, they'd remark at how they thought something was really cool and well done, I'd explain to them how a lot of people are actually pretty adamant against amplification in drum corps and how there have even been petitions, to which one of them replied, "Wow...that's incredibly nerdy. Don't they have something better to do with their lives?"

That just made me happy, and I'm sure that isn't exactly an isolated opinion either.

So do your friends spend money on DCI?

Just curious....

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Once again we find that it isn't possible to have a disagreement based on a difference of opinion. No, it must be that there's something seriously wrong with the other person. If it's not that they're bad people, then it's that they're just big dumb geeks with too much time on their hands and they ought to stop caring about whatever it is they're caring about.

Why should anyone here care what some random anonymous people think about them?

Maybe so, but also he is making a pretty decent point, in spite of the way the message is being delivered.

And what point is that exactly? That there are people out there who like or at the very least "don't mind" amplification and singing/narration in todays DCI? Ok, I get it , but why does that crowd find it necessary to point out that those who don't like or agree with the recent changes in DCI are in some way "nerdy" or "have no life"? If you're a fan of what DCI is currently doing great, more power to you and you should be happy, but is it SO hard to understand that for alot of folks who have been following this activity for some time there is a feeling that alot of the things that made us Drum Corps fans (as opposed to marching bands) in the first place are going by the wayside in the present world of DCI? You want to be the worlds best summer marching bands? Go for it, just be careful what you wish for, you're actually getting it sooner than you may think.

Once again we find that it isn't possible to have a disagreement based on a difference of opinion. No, it must be that there's something seriously wrong with the other person. If it's not that they're bad people, then it's that they're just big dumb geeks with too much time on their hands and they ought to stop caring about whatever it is they're caring about.

Why should anyone here care what some random anonymous people think about them?

You don't understand, people in the ACTIVE DRUM CORPS community think the exact same thing!! That is why it's funny, that's why it's so revealing! The fact that a layman said the exact same thing to me that so many kids and staff members in corps now think just made me laugh. You can't use the argument that a random person you don't know has an opinion about this, because people completely relevant to what we're talking about think the same thing. My friend's remark was just icing on the cake. The point of this post was to put this opinion out there, because no one on DCP ever has the stones to just put it in your faces.

And what point is that exactly? That there are people out there who like or at the very least "don't mind" amplification and singing/narration in todays DCI? Ok, I get it , but why does that crowd find it necessary to point out that those who don't like or agree with the recent changes in DCI are in some way "nerdy" or "have no life"? If you're a fan of what DCI is currently doing great, more power to you and you should be happy, but is it SO hard to understand that for alot of folks who have been following this activity for some time there is a feeling that alot of the things that made us Drum Corps fans (as opposed to marching bands) in the first place are going by the wayside in the present world of DCI? You want to be the worlds best summer marching bands? Go for it, just be careful what you wish for, you're actually getting it sooner than you may think.

It's still drum corps dude. Don't hijack my thread.

You don't understand, people in the ACTIVE DRUM CORPS community think the exact same thing!! That is why it's funny, that's why it's so revealing! The fact that a layman said the exact same thing to me that so many kids and staff members in corps now think just made me laugh. You can't use the argument that a random person you don't know has an opinion about this, because people completely relevant to what we're talking about think the same thing. My friend's remark was just icing on the cake. The point of this post was to put this opinion out there, because no one on DCP ever has the stones to just put it in your faces.

Again: so what? People can think what they're going to think, that doesn't mean everyone here is wrong or need to shut up. The opinion of people in or out of the drum corps community is completely irrelevant to whether or not one should hold a particular opinion or take action on that opinion.