What people think of you

Public Service Announcement: We're all nerds. Get over it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Call it what you want "dude", hard to hijack a thread that didn't have much of a point to it to begin with.

Of course you don't think it has a point, because you're the kind of person it was directed towards. You can hide from it all you want, but you're just going to have to face the fact that everyone thinks you (i mean "you" in general) are a joke.

Again: so what? People can think what they're going to think, that doesn't mean everyone here is wrong or need to shut up. The opinion of people in or out of the drum corps community is completely irrelevant to whether or not one should hold a particular opinion or take action on that opinion.

No it isn't

...The point of this post was to put this opinion out there, because no one on DCP ever has the stones to just put it in your faces.

well I've certainly got the stones to put this in your face:

I think amplification is heading down the wrong path for drum corps, and I don't agree with the fact that it is necessary to drum corps shows.

That's my opinion. You can have yours, too, OK? Just don't come in here and call all of us "nerdy" or "jokes" which is what you did.

Obviously you came in here to start and participate in a fight. There are like 500 other threads dedicated to this topic here on DCP... it is an

unwinnable arguement from both sides because peoples OPINIONS differ so much.

Staying out of this one, but I've been saying this for a LONG LONG LONG time....

Maybe we should make a rule that bans ANY discussion of amplification on here for like a week. Unity week... We can all listen to Bob Marley and talk about love. It'll be great.

In.

Edited by SCVsopAaron

well I've certainly got the stones to put this in your face:

I think amplification is heading down the wrong path for drum corps, and I don't agree with the fact that it is necessary to drum corps shows.

That's my opinion. You can have yours, too, OK? Just don't come in here and call all of us "nerdy" or "jokes" which is what you did.

Obviously you came in here to start and participate in a fight. There are like 500 other threads dedicated to this topic here on DCP... it is an

unwinnable arguement from both sides because peoples OPINIONS differ so much.

It's not merely just my opinion. And I personally think it's saying something when people actually involved in the activity (pretty much all of them, people who do volunteer their time to keep this great activity alive) have the exact same opinion.

It's not merely just my opinion. And I personally think it's saying something when people actually involved in the activity (pretty much all of them, people who do volunteer their time to keep this great activity alive) have the exact same opinion.

The flipside is also true. Plenty of people who are actually involved in the activity and people who volunteer have the exact same opinion of amps sucking.

Staying out of this one, but I've been saying this for a LONG LONG LONG time....

Maybe we should make a rule that bans ANY discussion of amplification on here for like a week. Unity week... We can all listen to Bob Marley and talk about love. It'll be great.

In.

Eh, to me it's more about calling people out than anything.

You know when you have a group of friends, and you have this one friend who's a complete tactless jerk. You go Wataburger and he eats all your fries, asks for money but never pays you back. Then finally you just flip and say, "Hey man, what the hell is your problem!" Then he says, "What? No one else cares!" Then your entire group of friends gives him the finger and and talks about how everyone completely hates his guts. People on DCP are like that jerk friend.

Edited by dcpguy1111

so your point is???