What people think of you

You don't understand, people in the ACTIVE DRUM CORPS community think the exact same thing!! That is why it's funny, that's why it's so revealing! The fact that a layman said the exact same thing to me that so many kids and staff members in corps now think just made me laugh. You can't use the argument that a random person you don't know has an opinion about this, because people completely relevant to what we're talking about think the same thing. My friend's remark was just icing on the cake. The point of this post was to put this opinion out there, because no one on DCP ever has the stones to just put it in your faces.

I happen to be ACTIVELY involved in drum corps right now, and for the last forty years, and spent over (60) days on the road last summer working with a Div. I corps. I also have a child who is currently marching. My entire family has been in the activity for a very long time and remains one of the most ACTIVE to this day. But we do not like amplification, vocals, or electronics. So, I guess that shoots down your blanket statement that "the ACTIVE DRUM CORPS community think the exact same thing".

Learn to be more tolerant of others' right to their opinions and life will be a whole lot more pleasant for you.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

your analogies are mind-bending.

OK...well, I'll give you this one. You win. I don't have the enegry or the time to have a reasonable debate with someone who's clearly

interviewed every single current marching member in the whole country, and is so in touch with what "everyone" says and thinks.

And I certainly can't compete with someone who's friends are right because they argue over fries and flip eachother off.

And because you've interviewed every current marching member yourself? I think I have a good handle on how a good majority of current marching members feel (it's not like I'm not friends with a ton of them).

Ketchup. Whataburger fries. I know where I'm going to lunch...

(Derailing in progress) LMAO!

Hahaha

I happen to be ACTIVELY involved in drum corps right now, and for the last forty years, and spent over (60) days on the road last summer working with a Div. I corps. I also have a child who is currently marching. My entire family has been in the activity for a very long time and remains one of the most ACTIVE to this day. But we do not like amplification, vocals, or electronics. So, I guess that shoots down your blanket statement that "the ACTIVE DRUM CORPS community think the exact same thing".

Learn to be more tolerant of others' right to their opinions and life will be a whole lot more pleasant for you.

My life is pretty #### pleasant

I think your post is both pretentious and condescending. I've heard many well-reasoned, opposing opinions that were just as "plain and honest."

You have no idea what a joke people in the drum corps community truly think people on this board are. You don't see it because they aren't posting on here, but haha, they're definitely reading! And trust me, they're laughing.

Really. What exactly constitutes "the drum corps community?" Who are "they?" People still marching? I wouldn't think so--I see plenty on here who still do. Or, is it just those who post on DCP? Considering your comment, "they aren't posting here," I would have to assume this is correct. However, by your own "nerdy" posting, you've now equally disqualified youself from the community.

Edited by year1buick

:worthy:

Staying out of this one, but I've been saying this for a LONG LONG LONG time....

Maybe we should make a rule that bans ANY discussion of amplification on here for like a week. Unity week... We can all listen to Bob Marley and talk about love. It'll be great.

In.

"All we are asking...is give peace a chance !!!" :P

John Lennon

:feednotroll: