What people think of you

So I had some friends over to watch the top 12 DVDs, they aren't music majors or "bandos", just have a general love for music, art and this activity. They didn't seem phased at all by the uses of amplification going on in the shows (and these aren't laymans mind you) nor did have a problem with singing or narration. As we were watching, they'd remark at how they thought something was really cool and well done, I'd explain to them how a lot of people are actually pretty adamant against amplification in drum corps and how there have even been petitions, to which one of them replied, "Wow...that's incredibly nerdy. Don't they have something better to do with their lives?"

That just made me happy, and I'm sure that isn't exactly an isolated opinion either.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... your friends sound incredibly nerdy.

Good Lord, are you TRYING to just stir up trouble?!

If you call being plain and honest with people on this board, then sure. I'm really tired of the crap constantly being slung on this board. You have no idea what a joke people in the drum corps community truly think people on this board are. You don't see it because they aren't posting on here, but haha, they're definitely reading! And trust me, they're laughing.

Good Lord, are you TRYING to just stir up trouble?!

Maybe so, but also he is making a pretty decent point, in spite of the way the message is being delivered.

Maybe so, but also he is making a pretty decent point, in spite of the way the message is being delivered.
*agrees with original poster*

Thank you!

I mean honestly, just look at the Rule Proposals 2007 section of the forum! How do you seriously not look at that and just burst out laughing? This isn't doing anything to further the activity, and if anything it's doing more harm than good for your jollies.

Edited by dcpguy1111

If you call being plain and honest with people on this board, then sure. I'm really tired of the crap constantly being slung on this board. You have no idea what a joke people in the drum corps community truly think people on this board are. You don't see it because they aren't posting on here, but haha, they're definitely reading! And trust me, they're laughing.

...and it is now YOUR duty to come in here and CHANGE THE WORLD... for the benefit of all mankind ... and all that stuff? And you've decided to come here

and be a joke with all the rest of us jokes?

OK...well... good luck.

Once again a "higher knowledge about everything in drum corps" has graced us with his presence here to show us all the correct way to think.

Thanks for stopping by. And try not to let other peoples opinions ruin your day.

And it's OK if you like amps in drum corps. Some people don't. That's just the way it is.

Edited by GGarrett