Drum Corps Survivor - 2006

siLk

Drum Corps Survivor - Round 2  

311 members have voted

1. 1. Which corps do you want to vote off the island?

• Phantom Regiment
    • Blue Devils
    • Bluecoats
    • The Cadets
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Blue Knights
    • Carolina Crown
    • Madison Scouts
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Glassmen
    • Spirit from JSU

It's too bad these polls can't be restricted so that you can only vote if you enter a response that says why you voted the way you did and reveals who you are. Then there'd be a lot less votes for the most hated and/or envied corps, or at least it would help limit that kind of behavior.

I voted Cadets, it was my least favorite show of the year(decade) .

~G~

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the G-men show to be one of the most entertaining of the year. Then again, that's just my opinnion - and I will admit that I enjoy G-men shows more often than not.

Seriously? I think you're giving a little too much credit to the "rivalry" -- from what I've witnessed personally, it doesn't occupy as much of the typical Cavalier fans' (or "insecure" or other FMMs') daily lives as you seem to think it does.
These Survivor votes always make me laugh, it's a contest for DCPers to show us their petty spites and biases, rather than their favorite shows.

People who don't know what they're talking about make me laugh.

Bias as a result of rivalry between marching members is far more than mere pettiness, and it exists whether you believe it or not. Once you march, you can never again give a wholly objective opinion of the activity or groups therein. The experiences you have standing in the ranks of your corps forever molds your opinion of the activity.

Neither of you marched, so I don't expect you to truly know about this. You may think you know, but you didn't march, so you don't. Perhaps you shouldn't speak so adamantly about something you KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.

The same goes for a couple others on here that love to speak of traditions and rivalries but base their opinion completely off videos watched, a couple parking lots visited, or a week volunteered on a food truck. Stop living vicariously through others and limit your superflous commentary to things you have the knowledge to speak on.

I admire the Michigan - Ohio State rivalry, but because I didn't go to school at either place I wouldn't dare speak in regards to what it is really like for a student, let alone a football player. Clearly I have an outsiders opinion, despite being an avid college football fan. I don't know why people think drum corps is any different.

Edited by kas87

I voted Cadets, it was my least favorite show of the year(decade) .

~G~

Would you prefer the Racine Scouts with their inflatabile sharks and dolphins (pool toys), or The Cadets with their benches?

Edited by Ice

I voted Cadets again this time.

Not sure which I will vote for next.

Spirit, nice playing, needs more visual support

Boston, boring this year. No excitement in the show, just didn't seem like Boston to me.

Glassmen, liked the middle of the show. Didn't care for the brass arrangments of the 5th or 9th symphonies.

Edited by shawn craig

Go Vanguard.

w/Stp: