Cadets' Closer 2007

aside from the fact that it's written by Ticheli, it seems like it'd be out of place.

~>conner

why do you think it would be out of place?

with the arranging that bocook is capable of, i think vesuvius could be made into a really strong closer!

ofcourse, i dont know if it would fit the show design. besides knowing what the show is called and the idea behind it, i dont know what design aspect they are going for. the only thing i can think of right now is that it is not an old time favorite.

please expand your opinion!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elk's Parade :P

I'm guessing by your screen name you're a horn player...ever gander at the woodwind/piano/cello part?

Yes, I am a horn player. Yes, I have looked at the other parts and I will stand by what I said. However, I do think the piano part is ridiculously hard. We always had to have a grad piano student play it. I can think of many other pieces that have harder woodwind parts and other Sparke pieces that are harder (Year of the Dragon??)

Not saying its easy by any means though :)

with the arranging that bocook is capable of, i think vesuvius could be made into a really strong closer!

ofcourse, i dont know if it would fit the show design. besides knowing what the show is called and the idea behind it, i dont know what design aspect they are going for. the only thing i can think of right now is that it is not an old time favorite.

well... Vesuvius is kind of about a civilization getting destroyed.

~>conner

From what I have been told, it is something that has never before been played by a corps, so you guys wanting rehash, sorry.

Like some other dude said, I thought Blue Sahdes was the closer. Back to the topic...How about Invinctus by Phillip Sparke? If there needs to be a ballad, the middle part of the piece could be arranged for it. If they're looking for a closer, try the back end. Basically the entire piece could be made into a show... :grouphug: :P :grouphug:

While I think Vesuvius could could be a pretty sweet drum corps chart, it doesnt really scream closer at me, may a second tuneish type piece.

I am thinking Voodoo by Godsmack.

While I think Vesuvius could could be a pretty sweet drum corps chart, it doesnt really scream closer at me, may a second tuneish type piece.

Plus there's the fact that there's a freaking ballad right in the middle of it. :P