DCA / All-Age (any division)

NanciD

(Sparing everyone the fatigue of scrolling thru miles of quoted text)

To Adam Correia: Fair enough, dude. We probably see each other eye to eye more than we realize. As no harm was meant, I would submit to you there was no harm done.

If you're really, really, REALLY lucky, I just might allow you to buy me a beer at DCA. Hell, you can even open it and pour it into a glass (CHILLED glass....we're not barbarians) for me if you like.

That, or you can just shake one up and pour it on my head. As long as I smell like beer afterwards, that's the important thing.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Sparing everyone the fatigue of scrolling thru miles of quoted text)

To Adam Correia: Fair enough, dude. We probably see each other eye to eye more than we realize. As no harm was meant, I would submit to you there was no harm done.

If you're really, really, REALLY lucky, I just might allow you to buy me a beer at DCA. Hell, you can even open it and pour it into a glass (CHILLED glass....we're not barbarians) for me if you like.

That, or you can just shake one up and pour it on my head. As long as I smell like beer afterwards, that's the important thing.

Beer at Rochester was hot and overpriced. ^0^

I'm with Frank on this one.

At one time or another, pretty much every all-age/DCA corps has been an "underdog" of some sort.

Fran

warm beer ain't good

hey.......new stadium under construction in Allentown......any thoughts

• 1 month later...

hmm I guess no one considers Heat Wave an underdog, I can get into that. I also guess we should unlearn our opener (Finished drill and music 2 weeks ago). We are planing to be entertaining as well as completive.

From now on No Corps outside the North east can start Drill or play out doors(other that at a Parade) till April or May. There are Corps in the South and on the West coast that have Year round out door Drill and music practice. Most can be cleaning a Complete Drill before Most North east corps set a foot on a Outdoor Field or hear how something will sound outside.

Although I agree that the Renegades will make the big Move into the TOP spot SOON. I dis agree with your post.

I marched the first years that the Corps started comming east. I can assure you. NO ONE was laughing at, or thought that the Troopers and Anaheim Kingsmen were a joke! From as far back as 1964 at least(more than 40 Years). I was marching in St. Lucy's Cadets. A National contender (top 10). No one was laughing at them. They may not have liked them, BUT, they knew they were worthy contenders. I don't know many people in Corps at that time that would consider another Corps that beat them "a Joke".

I don't care where you say you live. The Northeast bashing is not needed. I know that the Corps I was in could care less where another Corps was from. They wanted to BEAT them. I know that the fans in the stands LOVED seeing the Corps come East. Just aske former A. Kingsmen, Troopers, Kilties, Cavaliers (from that time frame). OR, The Renegades, Minnesota Brass, Heat Wave, of the here and now.

I say ask the 1966 Cavaliers (who were almost litteraly lifted and floated off the field with Cheering and Applause. Ask the Troopers and the Anahiem CALIFORNIA Kingsmen. (Who sold out of Suvies almost Every Year) about Crowd response).

But anyway. Like I said. I Know as a fact. I never considered any Corps that beat us was "a Joke".

I recall a contest around 1969, run by St. Joes Patron from Brooklyn on Long Island, where there were many corps in attendance. The two that out classed all the others were St. Lucys Cadets and the Casper Troopers. St. Lucys were excellent that afternoon as was expected. Last on were the Troopers with that DRILL. Both corps were head and shoulders above the rest, but the Troopers would win the show.

Now when you say joke, the joke here was the spread. Casper won the contest by 15 points over St. Lucys. I could still see the reaction on the faces of St. Lucys at retreat. This was a joke. I loved watching that Casper corps as everyone did back then, but 15 points???? Clearly the judges had their heads where they didn't belong on this day. The Troopers were hard to beat during those glory days, but St. Lucys were too. Both a class organization.

Edited by gsksun4

OMG THEY ARE AFTER YOU! EVERYONE IS OUT TO GET THE RENEGADES. YOU BETTER PUT ON THE TIN FOIL HATS!!!

What a joke...

There are no "powers at be" so get over it. You didn't have a product good enough for champion status. That's as far as it goes.

Hey genius...the post to which you refer doens't appear to have been written by anyone in the Renegades. Notice the "they" and not "us"? That could have been a tip off.

It can be argued that they did have a look at it in 2004 and 2005. If the were to win the title either one of those years, a lot of people would have agreed.

I've got to think that if they were good enough to win that they would have somehow managed to place in the top three or maybe win a caption.

It can easily be defended that they are among the most crowd pleasing of all DCA corps.

And?! How many times was VK or Madison the most crowd pleasing show in DCI? I'm pretty sure they won exactly the number of championships that they deserved (actually, Madison won one more than they deserved). crowd pleasing ≠ best executed

And if you think there is absolutely no resistance at all to nationwide expansion of the activity by certain groups of empowered, influential people, there are a LOT of folks involved with years behind them that would tell you otherwise.

[/qutoe]

I highly agree with you here. DCA knows where their bread is buttered and they are going out of their way to make expansion an even more slow and arduous process than it should have to be. If DCA cared about expansion, they would make efforts to host shows outside of a three state radius. The simple fact is that they are well off enough the way things are, so there's no reason to "put out" the bedrock of the activity to help itself grow. It's much like most of our government works.