Phantom - how long till they are considered 'elite'

So as i'm sitting in class today nodding off, I begin to think...

for so long we had the Top3 - Cadets, BD, Cavaliers....

but now cadets have missed it 2 out of the last 3 yrs, and BD has been on the outside of it for 2 years...

do we consider this deviation from the norm? or is it that the top 3 is becoming the top 4?

how long will Pr have to stay at the top to be considered top 3, or 4?

It's quite interesting that this is the first year the PR has topped BD twice in a row.. (i think)

anyways... time for my next class... i'd like to see some comments or thoughts on the matter... give me a new perspective perhaps.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean... I've always considered them part of "the elite." The elite to me consists of Cavies, Cadets, BD, SCV and Phantom. The real question is how long do Bluecoats have to stay up there to be a part of that group? Do they need to win a title?

I mean... I've always considered them part of "the elite." The elite to me consists of Cavies, Cadets, BD, SCV and Phantom. The real question is how long do Bluecoats have to stay up there to be a part of that group? Do they need to win a title?

Ditto.

i know where you're coming from with the scv, bd, cavies cadets and PR elite POV, but i consider that more of they have such a vast history of high profile amazing shows...

but in regards to bluecoats, I don't consider them elite yet. they've reached the top 5 just like most corps have and while they did place 4th this year, they could have very well been in 6th too...

Edited by Phantom&Phitch

Hm...I consider Phantom about 1989ish - 1997 to be elite... 2nd 4th 3rd (8th) 3rd 3rd 5th 1st 4th

Since 2001, Phantom has been 6th, 5th, 4th, 5th, 3rd, 2nd...I'd say we start the clock in 2003...if they can manage 1 or 2 more years in the TOP THREE, they could be called 'elite' in the same sense as Cavies, BD, Cadets these days.

Hm...I consider Phantom about 1989ish - 1997 to be elite... 2nd 4th 3rd (8th) 3rd 3rd 5th 1st 4th

Since 2001, Phantom has been 6th, 5th, 4th, 5th, 3rd, 2nd...I'd say we start the clock in 2003...if they can manage 1 or 2 more years in the TOP THREE, they could be called 'elite' in the same sense as Cavies, BD, Cadets these days.

I get that... with phantom they seem to not have consistancy... like dropping to 8th sandwhiched between two 3rd places. I hope they fix that problem and continue to stay up there...

like you can always expect BD or Cavies to have amazing shows right now... but I guess with phantom i'm kind of left holding my breath as to if/when they're going to drop the ball