Any St Patricks Day parades on the schedule?

Think the last time Lancers did Ball-mer was 2004. Not sure why we stopped going but Harrisburg started inviting us in 2005 so that probably had a lot to with it. If I did a pair of March parades two days in a row it would take at least half a week to thaw out anyway.

Weird part is I grew up in the Harrisburg 'burbs and never did a downtown parade until 2005. Then again the city hit the usual big city problems in the 1960s and didn't have any parades from about 1970-2000.

Wow, just remembered I did St Paddy Day parades in Baltimore in the mid 1970s with Westshoremen. Think the place we met at was called the Alacazar. It was also the place a bunch of drummers got propositioned by a hooker in 1976. Can't remember anything about the Alacazar but sure about 1976 and the hooker. Supposedly the hooker said she had a "BiCentennial Special $19.76".... :wub:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think the last time Lancers did Ball-mer was 2004. Not sure why we stopped going but Harrisburg started inviting us in 2005 so that probably had a lot to with it. If I did a pair of March parades two days in a row it would take at least half a week to thaw out anyway.

Weird part is I grew up in the Harrisburg 'burbs and never did a downtown parade until 2005. Then again the city hit the usual big city problems in the 1960s and didn't have any parades from about 1970-2000.

Wow, just remembered I did St Paddy Day parades in Baltimore in the mid 1970s with Westshoremen. Think the place we met at was called the Alacazar. It was also the place a bunch of drummers got propositioned by a hooker in 1976. Can't remember anything about the Alacazar but sure about 1976 and the hooker. Supposedly the hooker said she had a "BiCentennial Special $19.76".... :wub:

Wow. Could have sworn you guys were there since 2004. Alcazar bar is still around. It's a banquet hall with a bar, actually. We like to crowd into this little Chinese restaurant bar with about 4 bar stools. Ordering drinks there is a wild experience.

Wow. Could have sworn you guys were there since 2004. Alcazar bar is still around. It's a banquet hall with a bar, actually. We like to crowd into this little Chinese restaurant bar with about 4 bar stools. Ordering drinks there is a wild experience.

No wonder I don't remember the Alacazar, I was still a teenager and corps staff was really worried about all the underaged members doing something illegal. The under 21 half of the corps was probably herded toward the front door and told "Don't ###### move!!!".

Shenandoah Sound will be making our 3rd annual appearance in the Alexandria St. Patrick's Ballyshaners parade this Saturday.

The Light Brigade will be in Manchester, NH on the 18th.

This will be out 3rd year in Manchester.

2 years ago it was 80 degrees out.

Last year it was 30 & windy.

This year we'll be prepared for anything.

Fpr the third year in a row, the Irish bugle band from County Passaic, the Cabs Alumni, will be marching in the Scranton Parade on Saturday, March 10. If you're lucky, you may even hear an Irish tune from them!