Any St Patricks Day parades on the schedule?

Sun has two St. Patty's Day parades this month:

March 11 in Goshen, NY

March 18 in Pearl River, NY

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St Patty's Day at Patrick's bar on third street in St Peter, MN is the place to be for drum corps and Irish deviance as only John T Mayer knows how to provide. All welcome, no Irish heritage required. If you want to be the parade get there early.

Just got back from Boardman, Ohio where Steel City Ambassadors won the "BEST OF PARADE" trophy for the 8th consecutive year. This Saturday it's on the the Pittsburgh, Pa. (which is arguably the second largest St. Patrick's Day parade in the US of A) to defend our "Best Drum Corps In Parade" title for the (I believe?) 8th time here as well.

Just got back from Boardman, Ohio where Steel City Ambassadors won the "BEST OF PARADE" trophy for the 8th consecutive year. This Saturday it's on the the Pittsburgh, Pa. (which is arguably the second largest St. Patrick's Day parade in the US of A) to defend our "Best Drum Corps In Parade" title for the (I believe?) 8th time here as well.

Did you get the chance to see Erie's Combined Indoor drumlines in Boardman?

So how was the Kingston parade yesterday?

Did you get the chance to see Erie's Combined Indoor drumlines in Boardman?

No, unfortunately I didn't. Do to arthritic knees and the possible need for a hip replacement (need to see the doctor at the end of the week) I did the old New Jersey Elks Convention parade trick. Stand about 3 blocks before the reviewing stand and jump in as your Corps comes by. We were in the 7th Division. They must have been later. I did see Lake Erie Regiment's bus before the start of the parade and I believe they won BEST DRUMLINE though.

In Wildwood foe the Elks Convention there must be at least 10 Drum Corps that compete under the name of the lodge that they march for. At any given time about 3 or 4 blockd before the judges there are enough people from the Corps that are there that they could form their own Drum Corps.

Archer-Epler

Reilly Raiders

Yankee-Rebels

SAC

Melrose Blackhawks

Cabs (alumni & field Corps)

Skyliners Alumni

Emerald Grenadears

Light Brigade

They are all there. I probably left out a few. You can probably add Bridgemen to that list.

Edited by NYSkyliner

No, unfortunately I didn't. Do to arthritic knees and the possible need for a hip replacement (need to see .

hope you don't need that surgery and can rehab it Mike. if you do have to have it i'll send wishes for a quick recovery too.

You can probably add Bridgemen to that list.

not doing it this year.

hopefully i will see you at SIB. :)

Good luck with the doc Mike.

Harrisburg had a doubly blessed parade as there was a St Patrick at both ends of the parade. Guess they didn't want to tick one off and send him home. Must have worked as it was around 50 and the rain didn't start until a few hours after the parade was over.

However, one local fire dept had a call and went tearing out of the staging area at "Get the #### out of my way speed". :rolleyes:

Bad news was there were 89 "units" in the parade and we were #88. (St Patrick #2 was number 89.) We spent twice as much time in the staging area as compared to the actual parade. Think the staging "route" was almost as long as the parade route.

On to the York parade and pre-parade concert. :)

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

The Govies have a great parade in St. Peter.

Goes right in front of Patrick’s on Third.

Three Blocks then Drink!

Nothing better.