Phantom colorguard 1993-1999....

Is it just me, or did Phantom's color guard undergo some major style changes/staff changes from 1992-1993??

AND can someone tell me who taught the color guard from 1993-1999?

Thanks!

Is it just me, or did Phantom's color guard undergo some major style changes/staff changes from 1992-1993??

AND can someone tell me who taught the color guard from 1993-1999?

Thanks!

The corps itself went thru big changes from 92-93. the most obvious was Tony Hall being hired to do the drill.

Tony did the drill in 93 and 94, he has been a consultant since 96. I know in 96 he helped solve many drill issues and basically threw the closing moves out of his head onto the field.

I was on staff in 96, but for the life of me draw a complete blank on who did the guard that year.

Garrett Decker! Wasn't he with us at Sky '92 also? Bill Watson and Paul Rennick, too! Wow.

Yeah, '93 was a totally different look other than the uni's. Also the first time the corps didn't win M&M in like a bazillion years. More time was taken for "dance" and "individual movement" and we did the same "crap" in 94. A few corps were really starting to experiment with that then, and everybody is into it now.

'94 seemed like we added a lot of jazz running, too. Rehearsed it in brass block one day--yuck! Talk about wasted. Middle of season, you're in great shape and they start making everybody jazz run. I felt like my legs turned to jello--I don't envy the contras!

I know that in '99 it was Paul Gélinas (from Montreal) and 2000 & 2001 was jennifer Leseth.

Later,

Mike

Garrett Decker?!? What!

A guy with the same name taught band at my Middle School in 2001-2002. He also wrote the drill for the High School MB from 2002-2004. I wonder if this is the same Decker. I'm positive that nobody had any idea who he really was or that is background included Phantom Regiment.

I never talked to him, but I knew I liked him for some odd reason! :P

continuing the now highacked Garrett Decker thread...

is this the same Garrett who marched mello (I think) in 97? On vis staff in 02?

Do the math, guys. The Garrett I was referring to TAUGHT guard at Sky in 92 when you guys were still wetting yourselves. I don't know about the other guy being mentioned, but I am assuming that if he was teaching in '02 that means he was certified, degreed and aged-out already. Maybe not the same guy.

Then again, my name is David Smith--a few million of us running around! Continue.

Do the math, guys. The Garrett I was referring to TAUGHT guard at Sky in 92 when you guys were still wetting yourselves. I don't know about the other guy being mentioned, but I am assuming that if he was teaching in '02 that means he was certified, degreed and aged-out already. Maybe not the same guy.

Then again, my name is David Smith--a few million of us running around! Continue.

You're thinking of Garett George, who's now a band director in the Chicago suburbs.

G