Favorite time of day on tour

Favorite time of day on tour (for those who tour)  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite time of day while on tour?

• wake up/breakfast
    • stretch/calisthetics/stuff
    • sectionals
    • visual rehearsal
    • full corps on the field
    • dinner/shower/clean/pack/go
    • show prep
    • "On the field, presenting their program..."
    • finale
    • snack/hang out
    • on the bus
    • floor time
  2. 2. OTHER THAN your actual performance, what's your favorite time of day on tour?

• wake up/breakfast
    • stretch/calisthetics/stuff
    • sectionals
    • visual rehearsal
    • full corps on the field
    • dinner/shower/clean/pack/go
    • show prep
    • finale
    • snack/hang out
    • on the bus
    • floor time

at the time, i might have said snack or free time in there.. but my greatest memories are from the above 3.

People do drum corps for different reasons - I'm with you, my memories are from rehearsals and shows - not the down time in between. Frankly, if my favorite thing was sleeping and hanging out then there'd be no point to me going on tour.

I loved shows because it was our chance to really show off all the hardwork we were dong, that is what people saw and associated with us - not rehearsal.

Second were sectionals - I LOVED horn arc. Nearly all of my best stories come from sectionals - many of them were far from enjoyable at the time, but I wouldn't take anything back.

Third would be show warm-up, because it is so intense. Nothing got me more pumped up than people watching us warm-up - because they are there to see your section, not even the whole corps. It's about as personal as drum corps gets while in performance mode.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thos few minutes where you first get out of the shower put on clean PJ's and enjoy the unbridled bliss of being clean for the first time all day, before you went to the poorly ventilated gym and got all gross on the floor. oh I loved not feeling gross and dirty and reveled in my cleanliness like a pig in slop.

Soo far , i really like stretch , it feels really good when you first wake up. and its the first thing the whole corps does in the day. At breakfast , you all split off , but in stretch , you are a corps.

That moment, after your horn is polished and everything is loaded up, when you finish putting on your uniform and you see yourself in the mirror as one of the group, that you too are wearing the distinctive garb of the group you love so intensely. Everything is crisp and dry and warm from the sun, not yet polluted with that evenings sweat. Crisp, clean, warm, dry, and YOU.

I *never* got tired of seeing myself in that uniform. Daily, I had to remind myself that I was actually a part of such a great thing.

And for us, it was "On the Starting Line, from . . . " which also made me feel ten feet tall.

if you said visual rehearsal, i think you are crazy. seriously.

Who doesn't love an endurance circle drill? :worthy:

I actually loved the pregame and postgame corps director talks. I loved hearing about where the corps was headed for the next day/week/year, the unbridled enthusiasm is infecteous. Heck, when I taught later I would try and evesdrop on the member meetings to see what was up.

I voted in the poll for post show snack/hangout and preshow warmup. I really liked having a crowd at warmups, up close and personal. To me drumcorps wasn't as much about the actual performance on the field, but more about hanging with guys that liked drumming as much as I did.