Colts apparently very strong............

I spoke to my good buddy Tyler Dempsey, who's the Colts percussion caption head...he says they're having the best winter ever, and the percussion section is particularly strong! They're going 7/4/5, so "lean and mean" may help them in the execution category!

Anyone here been to a Colts camp to check it out? How are the horns doing?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to my good buddy Tyler Dempsey, who's the Colts percussion caption head...he says they're having the best winter ever, and the percussion section is particularly strong! They're going 7/4/5, so "lean and mean" may help them in the execution category!

Unfortunately most every one always says that. I'd love to see them come out and kick some butt, however the proof will be in the pudding in june.

What was their snare/tenor/bass count last year?

I believe it is the snare/tenor/bass count for 2007, should be interesting, i'll wait to think about it until I see them march the show though, hopefully it'll be sweet.

Talking with a member of their brass staff, sounds like the show is a little departure from what they've been doing over the last several years, and they're really comfortable with thier new percussion staff.

They're really pushing to make finals... when you've missed as narrowly as they have recently, I'm sure you'd have a lot of motivation.

gotta wish nothing but the best to the Colt's ... They are an old corps still hanging in there and doing well, that has given (and continues to give) the activity some very talented instructors, members and management over the years.

That's a GOOD thing. ^OO^

Is that bigger or smaller than 06 ?

smaller

5 "man" cymbal line as of right this minute.