Is DCA dead?

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the Bush win was the first time they'd EVER won a show (helluva first win!)...it was not their first time at DCA, however.

You are correct sir.<$1 to Ed Mc Mahon> :)

I had a wonderful thought and question for a discussion and I decided to post it in another thread. Please take this part of the discussion elsewhere. Thank you.

By the way, I think the Alumni Spectacular is one of the highlights of the DCA weekend! Seriously

create peace

Brent

Well I started this off my making a joke about it being sunny during MCLs part of the DVDs (they performed at end of Alumni Spec due to technical problems). This is just an offshoot of the DCA weather problem discussion which is an offshoot of the original topic. No more off topic than the Bush question that followed. Pretty sure 84BDsop is correct and one heckuva part of the DCA history.

PS - Fran has also been pleasant to me. Then again I marched with his wife so he has to be nice. Note to self: Buy new sunglasses before SIB. :P

Note to self: Buy new sunglasses before SIB. :P

i ALWAYS have extra pairs in the car Jim. if you forget or if CVS around the corner from the CP is closed, hunt me out and i'll have you covered. or at least have your eyes covered. :P

I think Renegades should march

left

left

right.

that's right, do a little step step thingy with the left foot. Wouldn't that be cool?

Not as cool as the Bridgemen Shuffle. :P

the Bushwackers just changed their opener

We did?! I really have to start reading my emails!!

Chris is right, though...still "Lonely Town" and it will still be VERY cool.

It is increasingly difficult to even start a corps, DCA is a bit easier than DCI, but we have our own challenges that won't go away. Some recent rules have made that harder, and some corps would rather not see new corps pop up and gain prominence... some do.

Tell me about it. I found out only now that DCA is imposing the 35-member rule on the regions, contrary to initial reports. As a result of that decision, four non-NE corps intent on competing in 2007 have scrapped their plans and declared "minicorps" this month alone.

With the three (geographically, four) non-NE regions having 12 corps total, they could have really used another four names on the contest roster. How does relegating these corps non-competitive foster growth? (/rhetorical question)

Frontier is a partner in 'Building a circuit... one corps at a time'.

I admire this approach more than anything I've heard from DCI or DCA in recent memory. :huh:

Not as cool as the Bridgemen Shuffle. :P

tho Lisa's idea may not be as hard on the knees. :P

Tell me about it. I found out only now that DCA is imposing the 35-member rule on the regions, contrary to initial reports. As a result of that decision, four non-NE corps intent on competing in 2007 have scrapped their plans and declared "minicorps" this month alone.

With the three (geographically, four) non-NE regions having 12 corps total, they could have really used another four names on the contest roster. How does relegating these corps non-competitive foster growth? (/rhetorical question)

I admire this approach more than anything I've heard from DCI or DCA in recent memory. :huh:

I thought the other regions had a Class A-35 division, that allowed for the smaller groups in the regions,............what 4 corps are you talking about?

The A-35 Division that previously existed in DCA-South is contradicted by the DCA ruling. 35 is now the lowest number of marching members allowed on the DCA competition field.

An all-age corps that could pass the DCI evaluation, can have as low as 30 members.

Otherwise a corps in this situation needs to plan to be exhibition (perhaps request a judged exhibition - no scores announced), or shift gears to be a mini-corps (if they are under 21 members)