I Remember

Hey Hey,

I remember once upon a time we did a parade...I think we marched like 3 blocks and Precilla came running back with the first place trophy....LOL that was cool as h e l l for us.

Kenny

Chiocchi

Edited by Kenny

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After we marched the Barnum Festival parade in 1977 with the Sunrisers, a few of us stopped at a local sandwich shop for a bite to eat.

Some guy there saw our corps jackets, told us he really enjoyed us the other night at the Barnum competition....and he then paid for our lunches!

Fran

Parades, at one time, were a very important part of the season for most corps. Everyone did them... some not so much, some every weekend. I remember one year in a corps I was in where we had as many parades and exhibition performances as we had shows. :lol:

I think I remember Rockford being one of the shows that required the show participants to march in the parade for the city earlier in the day, and the parade ended up at the school where the show was.

The parade after Legions in Wildwood has to be the most memorable for me -- especially marching past Kelly's Pub <big grin>

Another that comes to mind is the Carteret Halloween Parade -- we'd all go door-to-door in uniform after we finished, collecting candy in our shakos ...

jo

After we marched the Barnum Festival parade in 1977 with the Sunrisers, a few of us stopped at a local sandwich shop for a bite to eat.

Some guy there saw our corps jackets, told us he really enjoyed us the other night at the Barnum competition....and he then paid for our lunches!

Fran

Fran , I believe you were with us, when we were sitting in the little tavern in Bridgeport waiting for the parade to start . The parade started with out us. We looked out of the window and to our surprise there goes the corps. marching down the street.

Joe

Fran , I believe you were with us, when we were sitting in the little tavern in Bridgeport waiting for the parade to start . The parade started with out us. We looked out of the window and to our surprise there goes the corps. marching down the street.

Joe

:blush:

Joe

Yes sir.... 1981 or '82, right? Kind of a sinking feeling, watching the corps we were marching with go right by us.....LOL

Fran