2005 The Cadets - Liquid

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:doh:

Please tell me that was meant as a joke making fun of BOTH of you. There are many ways that statement can can come across, and most of them are far from positive.

Of course it was a joke. Sheesh.

I'm partial to Dancer, but that was a hot piece. I loved that show though. Next to 2000 (nothing has topped that), 2005 is one of my favorite drumcorps shows ever.

• 1 month later...
Seriously, my favorite parts of the piece arent from equus at all (i think...i havent listenned THAT closely). Also Jay borrows some Dies Irae sp? material for the mellos at end of the piece that sounds pretty awesome...too bad they didnt play loud enough to be heard ^0^

hey man I tried playin' loud and got yelled at for it

hey man I tried playin' loud and got yelled at for it

that's crap... we all know the mellos couldn't play loud that year.

Anyways Jay also borrowed a little of to tame the perilous skies too. That whole show made me proud to be a Cadet. Awesome opener, amazing ballad, kiss *$$ drumming and fast closer. It's all it needed to be. Forget the door, it was fun to perform.

The Frog

I'm partial to Dancer, but that was a hot piece. I loved that show though. Next to 2000 (nothing has topped that), 2005 is one of my favorite drumcorps shows ever.

2007 Cadets will (of course I am hoping). 2000 was a GREAT show but I want The Cadets to produce something that will top us. But as far as 2005 goes, again, that show was awesome. I have the preseason CD and I pretty much blast the opener in my car almost everyday. There are always people riding beside me wondering what that noise is. :worthy:

2007 Cadets will (of course I am hoping). 2000 was a GREAT show but I want The Cadets to produce something that will top us. But as far as 2005 goes, again, that show was awesome. I have the preseason CD and I pretty much blast the opener in my car almost everyday. There are always people riding beside me wondering what that noise is. :worthy:

Yeah, people don't expect to hear someone blasting narration from their speakers. ^0^

I kid, I kid. :P

i won't go negative but just keep this in mind. it's a great piece, really well done, but be careful when you start throwing it around as one of the best originial compositions ever. too often you see lists whether it be in sports or movies, etc. and half of the top 10 is really new movies because they're fresh in people's minds. probably what would be more beneficial here would be to stack "liquid" up against some other top notch originals and see where it ranks. just a thought.

A cool story about that 'hit' in liquid...we were rehearsing for several days in one housing site outside of murfreesboro, and the field/stadium had us playing directly into some guys yard. After stopping on that note at the umbrella several times (it should be noted that we always hold a chord when we stop somewhere loud. He deciding to come out of his garage and tell us to shut the F up, go home, that sort of thing. Sooo of course we did it again. At this point it became a competition, him blaring his kid rock bawwitda ba crap, and us playing the same thing over and over again. Gino was still trying to coax more volume out of us there and dubbed that section's dynamics "###### off neighbor volume". I never forgot that, even until finals day when we rehearsed that chunk.

NIce!!!!