How long 'til you noticed

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed the soprano since I saw it, but I just looked up the FedEx logo and there really is an arrow there. :ph34r:

im not going to lie, i feel like a huge ########, i have never and still don't see it. what a great way for me to start my day off, to be bombarded with insufficiency, haha. maybe im looking in the wrong place or something....usually im pretty good with these things. sheesh.

hahahahaha....now i got it. :)

(by myself. jerks.)

I noticed the soprano right away (being a former and current soprano :) ), but what took me longer to discern was the flag or note (half note body + eighth note stem) which can be construed from the d.

DCI, we will turn bugling as you know it upside down!

Glad somebody explained the concept of a true "bugle" to the young un's.

It's not a trumpet, it's not a soprano. At least not like most of us in the piston-valve, valve, and Bb eras think of a bugle. Think open tubing wrapped up with a mouthpiece of some sort and a bugler right next to the commanding officer ready to relay orders in battle via a (get this!) bugle!

They call it "Drum Corps" for short, but the logo has a relief (another fancy concept) of a bugle. No pistons, no valves, just a bugle. They even turned it right way up. When you add valves/rotors you have to flip it "upside down." Made to be held with one hand so the other could be used to hold on to the reigns of the horse.

Band-o's. Not everything has 3 valves!

Saw it in '91 at finals--my first show. Thought, "isn't that cute!?"

Saw it the first time I had seen the logo. However.....still looking for the dang sailboat (along with Willem) in that stupid painting!!!

Noticed it the first time I saw it in 87.

Didn't get the FedEx one until now. Another

tricky one is the old Sun Microsystems' logo

It is formed by "UNs" all the way around.