DVD Suggestions

So, DCI's got a summer clearance sale going, 20% off everything online. So I'm gonna get a couple of DVDs.

I've already decided on the Classic Countdwon bundle, but I also want to get one championship DVD from 2000 on. So, which DVD would you choose, and why? I'm leaning towards 2005, but since I'm not familiar w/ the shows from recent years, I figured I'd throw it open for discussion.

In retrospect, I'm still ticked at myself for not getting DVDs back in 1998-2000, when my wife was the color guard sponsor at her school--I could ahve written them off on our taxes. Oh, well . . .

2003 was excellent; There wasn't one show that year that I didn't like; really, the top four shows were all championship caliber IMO.

I would suggest 2000. All of the top 6 shows are completely amazing. Cavies Niagra falls is possibly their best show ever. Cadets had a stellar performance. Blue Devils show was powerful with one of the most amazing pits I have ever heard. Vanguard doing Adagio for strings, maybe one of the most moving ballads of all times. Boston Crusaders RED- which in my opinion is their best show ever. Blue Knights had an awesome show as well.

My 2nd choice would be 05, followed by 06.

So, DCI's got a summer clearance sale going, 20% off everything online. So I'm gonna get a couple of DVDs.

I've already decided on the Classic Countdwon bundle, but I also want to get one championship DVD from 2000 on. So, which DVD would you choose, and why? I'm leaning towards 2005, but since I'm not familiar w/ the shows from recent years, I figured I'd throw it open for discussion.

In retrospect, I'm still ticked at myself for not getting DVDs back in 1998-2000, when my wife was the color guard sponsor at her school--I could ahve written them off on our taxes. Oh, well . . .

2005 is the one year I would not pick. :worthy:

I would definitely pick either 2003 or 2006. And I agree, I would pass on 2005.

2003 by FAR.