Charles Ives on the field

Ives was the ultimate double life guy. Successful insurance agent by day...Aleatory American folklorist by night.

AGENT IVES!!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah he's the guy the that came up with double indemnity, which is where a life insurance claim pays double if the death was accidental.

The wonders we learn in Music History

IVES!!!!!!

:blink::lol::lol::grrr::wall::sumo::doh:

Drum corps has ignored Ives for TOO LONG. I don't want a random piece someplace...I want a whole IVES show!

May never happen, but I'd love it.

I don't even know who could do it. Star could've done it, gotten away with it, and probably won with it.

b**bs

Ahh, but what to put in it?

Obviously decoration day with the big Columbia Gem of the Ocean at the end. Fourth of July is really hard but yeah. "From Hanover Square North..." for a closer?

Gong on the hook and ladder for a warm up? :P

Ives was the ultimate double life guy. Successful insurance agent by day...Aleatory American folklorist by night.

AGENT IVES!!!

Can you say Metlife?

Slamming two completely different pieces together like this could be a hell of a lot of fun on the field, depending on your definition of fun.

Cadets '89, anybody?

Kevin can probably answer this........ was there a smattering of "Decoration Day" in the '96 Glassmen show? I thought I heard a bit of it.

If there was, I wasn't aware of it. We only used the final movement of Ives' 2nd Symphony so, unless he quoted Decoration Day during that movement (or vice versa), we didn't touch it.

EDIT: Just saw somebody post that "Columbia Gem of the Ocean" was in Decoration Day, so that's the connection.