tempos

3. what do you think is the limit?

Plaid.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the impression that a lot of people dont quite realize just how fast anything much over 200 is.....people all the time say silly things like... " 'X' show was at 232 bpm by the end! I know because I heard from a friend!" Thats just silly. There is a noticeable difference between ~200/210 to the uber tempos people throw around....for the listener and the performer. Marching that fast just wears you out.

What this man says.

I think 210 is about the most anyone can sustain for any extended duration.

Another limit that should be considered- does the MUSIC lend itself to such extreme tempos?

Contrary to what seems to be a developing trend, not EVERY piece of music sounds good when played at Ludicrous Speed.

I just KNEW someone was gonna go there! :wink:

I'll just wait for people to start throwing around their crazy theories about that part, so that I can explain it!

everyone moving at the tempo, but not necessarily keeping their feet in the provided tempo by the drum line (240 or 250 or whatever, on their own)......sorry if i ruined any fun for you, haha.

its come up on dcp a bunch of times, im a bit tired of it myself, heh.

3. what do you think is the limit?

The point where the judges pull the corps over and give them a speeding ticket. ^0^

4. do you like what 190+bpm looks like on the march?

On the rare times when it's done CLEANLY, yes. When it looks like box ###, not so much.

6. do you think we should re-institute the starting line but with starting signal lights like a drag race?

Dunno, but I'd LOVE to see what a burnout looks like, drum corps style. B)

At least one indoor percussion line this year I've seen in IW is moving 240 for about two minutes and 220 for another 2 minutes before that. It's incredibly clean.

Once you're used to it, it's not that big of a deal.