WGI Finals

Does anyone know if they considered moving Pioneer. They sure were playing a lot of more advanced skills to be in A class.

they do plan on moving up to open for next season depending on the turnout for auditions. I'm sure that we will have an even larger showing next year, this year having 70+ people try out, so I'm sure our directors will make the move to open

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

San Diego Alternative moved to open, but didnt compete at any other shows except rancho. they should be doing more wgi shows next year.

Almost all members of Rhythm X are from DCI lines.

Rhythm X's show was called " Behind the Velvet Rope" and was about the lifestyles of celebrities.

There's a short video on the WGI website about Rhythm X's show and how they adapted the show for the championships, including adding over 120 people standing behind the velvet rope.

i heard at pio united percussion did well. anyone see them?

Yeah United Percussion was incredible! I love their show this year. I know they have a lot of Jersey Surf members not to mention Carolina Crown, Crossmen, and Boston Crusaders. Great show guys!

Edited by marchinalong8

Yeah United Percussion was incredible! I love their show this year. I know they have a lot of Jersey Surf members not to mention Carolina Crown, Crossmen, and Boston Crusaders. Great show guys!

Thanks a lot. It was a great show to perform and the crowd reaction was always great. I remember at some local shows we could not even hear ourselves on the floor. Can't wait until next year.

I know some people from the area. It is mainly Lakeland and Milford HS. They both have had scholastic lines before. Milford has been decent, Lakeland has never been very good.. The combination is mostly taught by Milford people. I was told the Lakeland staff quit half way thru the season son they ended up combined and moved to independant.

Does anyone know if they considered moving Pioneer. They sure were playing a lot of more advanced skills to be in A class.

Moving up to Open was suggested at the first regional by judges who felt we were better off in Open. The show lacked visually, not much we could have done about that, but we made the best of it.

Moving up to Open was suggested at the first regional by judges who felt we were better off in Open. The show lacked visually, not much we could have done about that, but we made the best of it.

Yes the visual was definitely A class maybe lower A but what was being played or at least attempted was open. Usually t6hey move people based on what they play. Suprised they let them stay.

I know some people from the area. It is mainly Lakeland and Milford HS. They both have had scholastic lines before. Milford has been decent, Lakeland has never been very good.. The combination is mostly taught by Milford people. I was told the Lakeland staff quit half way thru the season son they ended up combined and moved to independant.

Actually, Lakeland won their in-state circuit their first year out a couple of years ago. They did decently at the regional that year too, but choked at WGI. Considering the kids that have come out of that line (5th in snare individuals '07, current and former members of NCA, Rhythm X, ESF, GLP, Colts, Cadets, Magic), I'd say "never been very good" is not only wrong, but offensive.

HVP was taught by all Milford people, rumored to be teaching both schools this fall.

Lakeland's staff left before the winter season started.

I just have to give a quick congrats to today's Freelancers!