In case ANYONE cares...

Just in case...wanted to make sure I said something...because it's hard to keep it inside...

But I was just selected to be the Official Announcer for the Division II/III World Championships in Pasadena, California. I'm so dang happy I could just about poop a brick!!! :lol::wub::laugh::doh:

But I'll wait. :laugh:

If you want more info, visit my blog.

NOW--forward to me any strange name pronunciations so I don't SCREW THINGS UP!!! I want this to be PERFECT!!!

Wooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooo...Pasadena...HERE I COME!!!! :wub::lol:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, man, I'm sure you'll do a fine job. Bakersfield and Pasadena? Way to go! :)

Just remember the cardinal rule in drum corps ... :laugh:

Strange pronunciations? I've heard a few.

I swear in '05 I heard 20 different pronunciations of the Spartan Show. You could tell which announcers had been forced to sit through 50 replays of the Disney video, Aladdin, with their kids and grandkids. Those were the few who could actually say "Vizier" like they knew what they were talking about.

Speaking of the Spartan show ... how do you say "Tarot" ? Does it rhyme with "carrot" or "arrow" ? :laugh:

Be careful no to say what the annoucer guy for Division II/III said by mistake last year.

"In division III, the breast bass....best brass award goes to-"

:P

I bet you're pumped about announcing VK, too.

please please PLEASE don't say "YOU may take the field in competition" like the previous announcer did. i still want to kill him

also, DO NOT say THE Fever or THE Revolution or anything else like that

please

thanks

Here's one for you to research and practice:

For Teal Sound's "Voices of the Sun,' the music of Rajaton ...

ahhh, yeah ... :laugh: ... "Rajaton" ? No clue, here.

On their website they tell us that "The Finnish word Rajaton translates as 'boundless'..."

So you best start learning Finnish now, too.

And please do not make try to make the audience say it with you ... and point.

Somehow, I am thinking Mr. Ryan H. Turner will have his own inimitable style. :D

I'm guessing you've done a few shows in Lynn, MA.

I'm guessing you've done a few shows in Lynn, MA.

Yes, indeed ... more than a few.

That announcer would be Mr. Paul Kane. He has been announcing in New England for years. Prior to that, the most famous New England announcer was Jack Sweeney of Jeanettes fame.

Yes ...and he is a really good guy and he has his own inimitable style ... and is an east coast drum corps icon. I mean no disrespect. The man does a great job. I do admit, though, that I personally do not enjoy audience participation in corps introductions. But I could not imagine his introductions being any other way.

And I recall Mr. Jack Sweeney, too. Another great east coast announcer.

Back on topic ... to the west ...

Mr. Ryan H. Turner, looking forward to hearing you make your own mark on the Divsion II/III Finals this summer. B)

I also am looking forward to having Mr. Turner introduce us. I've had a couple shows where he's been the announcer, and I must admit it's been quite enjoyable