Madison Scouts Open House 4/29

:(

not a big fan. maybe seeing the entire corps in it will help.

Wow, I agree. I'm kind of disappointed. Sadly, it looks like a bad band uniform. Is it possible that it's not the final version?

I do like the FDL, but the fade doesn't look masculine. I'll keep an open mind until we see the whole corps.

Is it a Cesario design?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it a Cesario design?

Definitely not Cesario designed as far as I know. He's not with Stanbury.

So what was wrong with the '88-'02 uniforms again? I must have forgotten.'

Either way, I really like these new ones though. Better than last year. *shrug*

Edited by Hrothgar15

So what was wrong with the '88-'02 uniforms again? I must have forgotten.

Well just for starters, they were baggy and very "dated" -- they were styled in the 80s when the pegged leg was all the rage. Not so much past about 1992.

And I suppose the same could be said for any incarnation of the Scouts uniform from before that.. I'm sure someone out there thinks it's all great and wants them to look just like they did the first time they saw them in "nineteen-aught-seven.."

IMO, the corps uniform was well past due for an update by the time they got it.

Stef

Well just for starters, they were baggy and very "dated" -- they were styled in the 80s when the pegged leg was all the rage. Not so much past about 1992.

And I suppose the same could be said for any incarnation of the Scouts uniform from before that.. I'm sure someone out there thinks it's all great and wants them to look just like they did the first time they saw them in "nineteen-aught-seven.."

IMO, the corps uniform was well past due for an update by the time they got it.

Stef

Heh, I don't believe in the the word "dated." Quality is quality, to me.

Definitely not Cesario designed as far as I know. He's not with Stanbury.

Hey Stef - I like your new haircut in your avatar. I'm assuming it's new. :)

And Gangtang. I don't think it's the final design. They are still throwing around ideas and tweeking it.

Edited by madalumni

Heh, I don't believe in the the word "dated." Quality is quality, to me.

Well it seems in this case "quality" is relative to opinion.

The fabric they used had an older chemical makeup (most polyester fabrics are made from chemicals drawn out into strands, in case you didn't know) that didn't hold up as well. It was much thinner (so they could get that fluid movement in the baggy pants).. and that has to be replaced more frequently as it wears more quickly (which speaks to fabric "quality") and doesn't hold up to the amount of washing and drying most of these "wash and wear" uniforms require each summer.

A pleated waist and pegged ankle on a pant makes it much more difficult to fit boys of differing widths and heights from year to year as, in order to properly tailor them, they have to be basically reconstructed for each new wearer. From a seamstressing standpoint, that's a nearly impossible task to complete in the time you have to do it.. over time it becomes less important on the priority scale and it's just "let go".. and they start looking worse and worse (nothing like peg-leg flood pants.. eesh!) on each new crop of kids.

What you liked may be "quality" to you, but the true quality of what works and what's smart from a standpoint of what can be easily reused year after year may be something entirely different from what you consider "quality."

From a seamstressing viewpoint alone, I can see why the organization made the choices they did with regard to the uniforms.

Stef

Hey Stef - I like your new haircut in your avatar. I'm assuming it's new. :)

And Gangtang. I don't think it's the final design. They are still throwing around ideas and tweeking it.

they're going to NEED to mod this one. I don't like it one bit... the red Fleur and gauntlet trim are ridiculously out of place looking.

~>conner

they're going to NEED to mod this one. I don't like it one bit... the red Fleur and gauntlet trim are ridiculously out of place looking.

~>conner

I think he means that they're tweaking the tour t-shirt. What color to use etc...

well poo.

~>conner