Madison Scouts Open House 4/29

they're going to NEED to mod this one. I don't like it one bit... the red Fleur and gauntlet trim are ridiculously out of place looking.

~>conner

I disagree. I think the red Fleur and the gauntlet trim are very complimentary.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Stef - I like your new haircut in your avatar. I'm assuming it's new. :)

Hey Jeff! We didn't see you there.. were you and we just missed you in the throngs? Yes, it's new (about two weeks now --what a welcome change!!) and not a minute too soon!!

As for the uniform, I actually like the cutting at the bottom hem of the jacket. I think it's kind of a cool effect but it seems like a lot of effort on the part of the uniform company for just a little effect... since it gets lost in the pant.. but I do like it.. and I'm not sure making it more prominent will do anybody any good since it may cut the line of the body straight in half making them look shorter.

Not sure about the script M on the right bicep AND the Fleur.. but I do like each one individually -- though if I had to choose, I'd go with the Fleur (like I have a say..).

anyway.. if you were there and we missed you.. Sorry!! Next time we come up on a whim to something, we'll have to remember to email you my cell #.

Stef

Hey Jeff! We didn't see you there.. were you and we just missed you in the throngs? Yes, it's new (about two weeks now --what a welcome change!!) and not a minute too soon!!

anyway.. if you were there and we missed you.. Sorry!! Next time we come up on a whim to something, we'll have to remember to email you my cell #.

Stef

Hey Stef - I didn't make it this time. I plan to fly out for Drums on Parade in June.

So yeah, if you guys are around for that, shoot me an e-mail. We could have a beer or two. :)

I'm designing the shirt (althought the concept came from Scott Pearson and Jeff Spanos)...and another 2 that are in developement. I had nothing to do with the uniform. They probably used someone from Stanbury for that.

But back to the shirt designing. One of the ideas is for me to do a painting, maybe

similar to this one I did back in 95...(which now hangs on Jeff Spanos' wall :))

204770953_7c6e6294a8_m.jpg

So it may be another drumline shot, hornline, or a mixed shot of all sections.

If it does well on a shirt, we may reproduce it as a fine art print.

I'm just happy to be able to contribute my talents to the Corps. It is such an honor!

Jeff, that painting is STUNNING!!!! I think the idea for another shirt w/painting is a good one. Do you have any prints of the '95 one for sale??? Can you say anything about the other 2 in development.

I don't like that so much. It's gonna clash with the football field. They didn't HAVE to change the uniform.

But I do love the music... :rock:

I just think it's such a waste of money when corps buy new uniforms every year btw. It sure isn't saving the planet...lol..and I don't mean DCP. :P

Jeff, that painting is STUNNING!!!! I think the idea for another shirt w/painting is a good one. Do you have any prints of the '95 one for sale??? Can you say anything about the other 2 in development.

Thanks. I may do prints of the 95 one if enough interest is there. As far as the other 2 t-shirts...

well, one of the two is the painting. The other one...all I can say is that it involves the

Fluer-De-Lis and may contain a song lyric...that's it for now. ;)

Thanks. I may do prints of the 95 one if enough interest is there. As far as the other 2 t-shirts...

well, one of the two is the painting. The other one...all I can say is that it involves the

Fluer-De-Lis and may contain a song lyric...that's it for now. ;)

OK - Now I'm really curious. I can't wait to see what you come up with. That painting is soooo cool :doh:

Hey Stef - I didn't make it this time. I plan to fly out for Drums on Parade in June.

So yeah, if you guys are around for that, shoot me an e-mail. We could have a beer or two. :)

Or ten..... ^0^

It sure isn't saving the planet...lol..and I don't mean DCP. :P

Eff the planet...this is the mother-effin Madison Scouts!! lol :P

Actually, I like the uniform. I don't necessarily think the fleur HAS to be in the uni...considering I marched in a uni with no fleur on it ('88-02 uni). I like the green fade which could create a neat effect from the stands. No, it's not a classically subdued Madison uni (prior to '03), but it still has appeal, IMO. I dunno...I'd like to see it on the field.

Oh, and I think my post back on page 6 is bearing out. lol Lots of response on the uni...everything from "love" to "hate". Makes me happy. :D

Edited by BigBadMadMan

Or ten..... ^0^

Jeff, I think you can take this response as a "yes, we'll be there in June."

and he'll hold you to 10.. :doh:

Stef