2007 Predictions

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my prediction for 2007......

The Champion will be....

ME!!! I am the 2007 DCI World Champion

i will go to Pasadena, and I will win! I will be known as the one and only champion

and my name will be on a plaque on the DCI trophy.

And I will defend the title and win for the rest of time...HA HA!!!

How's that for a prediction?

:grouphug::blink::huh::blink::huh:

:blink::huh::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Are you God or Chuck Norris? Otherwise, this would be pretty impossible.

I honestly hope that Phantom Regiment wins the 2007 DCI Finals this year. They have always made a statement when stepping out on the field in front of hundreds and hundreds of fans. Also they're well loved by many and have friendly members and staff. They have always come close to having their own 1st place title ....but even thought they have tied with BD once in the past ....im just hoping they get 1st and only them. They deserve it. They also freaking rock ....GO PR!

On Other note ....If they for some reason do not win this year....for my second choice I hope Santa Clara Vanguard wins.....because they also Rock .....and are well loved.

-Bingo

I honestly hope that Phantom Regiment wins the 2007 DCI Finals this year. They have always made a statement when stepping out on the field in front of hundreds and hundreds of fans. Also they're well loved by many and have friendly members and staff.

No offense, but the same could be said for pretty much any top-tier corps.

Same thing would happen if my own team had a big turn over. I would have a lot of faith in them, just as I do in Madison, but I would be very anxious to find out how it turned out and I would know that it just might not. A lot of people on here have been predicting Cadets in 7th, but I'm not going to freak out about it. Yeah, The Cadets got 6th(?) last year so it gives people some suspicion about how they'll do this year. If I wasn't a huge Cadets supporter I would probably be inclined to put them lower than they're usualy placements this year. Fortunetly I am, and after hearing many impressive recordings from camps, I'll go ahead and predict them for 1st. :) Tear it up Cadets!!!

Well I am. I am saddened that a lot of people are putting The Cadets in 7th place. I think they are much better than that. Sure, they may have had their rough years, but I think a lot of times, they learn from them and come back big. But everyone's entitled to their opinion. So my predictions are:

1. The Cadets - Mainly because I am looking forward to their show and I hope it smacks the faces of everyone who put them anywhere below top 6.

2. The Cavaliers - Green Machine. My second favorite corps. I haven't heard much about this year's show, but I am sure it'll be great.

3. Blue Devils - Only because they are usually great.

4. Phantom - I realize everyone loves them and wants them to win, but I just don't see it happening. Of course, I could be wrong (I haven't heard too much about what they are doing this year).

5. SCV - I really hope they put out a fantastic show.

6. Madison Scouts - I miss when they were in the top 6. I really hope they come back up in these ranks.

This is all I am predicting....

*One thing I have to say about Bluecoats is I hope they do well but I don't really buy into all this hype for them. I just don't see them anywhere above 6th place again, but of course, stranger things have happened although I am not holding my breath.

..just my .02 cents as usual....

*One thing I have to say about Bluecoats is I hope they do well but I don't really buy into all this hype for them. I just don't see them anywhere above 6th place again, but of course, stranger things have happened although I am not holding my breath.

..just my .02 cents as usual....

IMO, a stranger thing would be for a corps that's improved its placement every year since 1999 to then drop at least three places from 4th to 7th. But of course, that's just my 2 cents as well.

IMO, a stranger thing would be for a corps that's improved its placement every year since 1999 to then drop at least three places from 4th to 7th. But of course, that's just my 2 cents as well.

I don't think that would be stranger. I think it would be more or less in line with what happens to MOST corps when they start knocking on the top 3-4 door. The list of corps who have been close is long, and very few have been able to knock down the door. Not to take anything away from the Bluecoats, because what they've accomplished the last eight years is amazing. It's a great example of a corps with a bruised ego who missed the top 12 after many years as a finalist, they reorganized, got their act together, and just went out each year and got better and better.

1999 13th

2000 12th

2001 8th

2002 7th

2003 7th

2004 6th

2005 5th 94.45 (highest finals score)

2006 4th

But take a look at one of the other most recent corps to appear on the edge of breaking down the wall, the Glassmen.

1988 25th

1989 23th

1990 18th

1991 17th

1992 13th

1993 11th

1994 10th

1995 8th

1996 13th

1997 8th

1998 5th

1999 5th

2000 8th

2001 5th 94.3 (highest finals score)

I can forgive the 13th place in the middle of all that because the following year, they jumped back to where they were before. All in all, that's mighty impressive. And really, placement can be tricky, and not always the best barometer of competitive success. Like a team's collective batting average in baseball. Getting hits is nice and all, but scoring runs is better. In this case, a look at the highest score suggests that while there are still differences that must be taken into account, the modern day Bluecoats and the Glassmen from earlier in this decade are very similar. Of course, the Glassmen fell back to 8th after 2001 and have struggled to get past double digits ever since. Do I expect the same thing to happen to the Bluecoats? No. Then again, I didn't expect it to happen to the Glassmen.....until their staff started breaking up. So who knows? Maybe the Bluecoats keep things together and keep improving. Maybe some key staff bolt to other corps and the wheels start to come off. One thing for sure, the closer you get to that top 3-4, the harder it is to stay there consistently year after year. History has more than proven that. It should be interesting when all is said and done.

1. Phantom Regiment

2. Santa Clara Vanguard

3. Cavaliers

4. Blue Devils

5. Bluecoats (could challenge for 3rd)

6. Cadets

7. Blue Knights

8. Madison Scouts

9. Carolina Crown

10. Boston Crusaders

11. Glassmen

12. Crossmen