2007 Divisional Breakdown

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from dci.org:

this came from the meetings in the fall of 2004 when the current membership numbers were all set. Read the whole article here

this is true, but corps are still allowed to pull in members after May 1st. there are a couple of so cal corps currently declaring div III that may get over the max for their class and will have to be upped.

Yup,

Just spoke to someone who knows the rule.

Declarations for divisions were done by May 1st -

If a corps changes it's division afterwards - it may do so but lose it's seeding in shows and go on first in the new division except for those later shows that are determined by score (like DCI Prelims).

So Fever may now be II but as of May 1st and the DCI website they are III.

Things will change, this is just a simple forecasting and to some extent some fun at how we think things will go down in 2007.

that's exactly correct

Does anybody have any predictions now that the corps lists are out?

I don't know if I'm allowed to post II/III predictions but I will say that I think VK is going to be someone to watch out for in Div III as well as Memphis Sound, since they moved down apparently.

For Div II, judging by the things I've heard, I think all the corps will be much improved over last year, but my dark horse is OC. Everyone seems to be counting them out because of staff changes, but if they remain Div II, then I think they will challenge this year. I really love OC and their show last year was probably my favorite II/III show (especially the ballad).

I don't know if I'm allowed to post II/III predictions but I will say that I think VK is going to be someone to watch out for in Div III as well as Memphis Sound, since they moved down apparently.

VK is planning on loosing at Finals by .01 with 10 points in penalties due to:

live animals on the competition field (re-inactment of Noah's Arc, with penguins and a dophin. And fruit bats),

breaking sound ordinace for the city of Pasadena (Hand cranked jet turbine for the "Wind" section),

illegal use of a Fire truck and water cannon (For the "Firehouse 5" segment),

use of illegal equipment (jet pack),

breaking perimeter boundaries (jet pack),

abducting a member of DCI staff (judge, jet pack),

using said personel for range finding excercise, (target made of cream cheese and strawberry puree, DCI judge, jet pack),

having too many members on the field, (the Vienna Boys choir, the cast of Cats, the Village People doing YMCA, reinactments of the Battles of Gettysburg and Midway, the Rite of Spring with sock puppets, Snoopy's IceCapades, the Anaheim Might Ducks hockey team w/skates, Presidents Carter, Clinton, Bush, and former Vice President Dan Quayle).

Licensing is going to be a b***h

For Div II, judging by the things I've heard, I think all the corps will be much improved over last year, but my dark horse is OC. Everyone seems to be counting them out because of staff changes,

it's not just because of staff changes

but, good luck to EVERY corps in EVERY division

I thought that VK, Memphis Sound, Revolution and Impulse were ALL going to Division II ?? :rolleyes:

I know for sure that Memphis is D3 this year.