Ballard Screamers

:ph34r:

I've always been in favor of throwing these folks off the back of the stadium wall, letting them plummet to their deaths in the parking lot below. Some say that's just too old school.

How about making them stand outside the stadium wearing a sandwich board that reads "I'm the Moron who ruined ____________ (fill in name of corps) show 'cause I couldn't keep my mouth shut."

:wub: I'm with you. :wub:

All these obnoxious self centered jerks trying to draw attention to themselves with all the ballad yelling is just about as annoying as all the little hyper high school band kids laughing, giggling and talking (about anything and everything except what's on the field) from the time they sit down until the show is over.

Are you listening high school band directors that attend the shows with your students? Tell your kids before you enter the stadium to keep their mouths shut during a corps performance (except for the cheering and clapping for excellence on the field) and enforce the silence throughout the show.

• Like 1

Somewhat off topic, but the 1981 recordings had a ridiculous amount of crown noise in them. The two that really stick in my mind were

27th Lancers drum feature--Some guy with a broad Philly accent yells his food and drink order to someone. "Ham and Cheese!! BEEEAAAHHR!!"

Phantom--midway through the show, as the corps is softly playing backfield getting ready to turn and blast, some guy starts yelling "You can do it!! It's there!! Do it!!"

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I kind of like hearing the crowd shouts during shows (obviously there are some that get to me: KRYSTALLLLLLL!!!!!, and other ballad moments). I'll agree and say that a ballad is the wrong place to yell and scream, but throughout the rest of the show, I kind of like it.

That is one of my favorite SCV ballads then you here that crap not once my friends but TWICE!!!

Now thats REAL old school. Just like at a Badger game at Camp Randall - "OVER, OVER,OVER,..............." and over they go.

Of course at Badger games they throw over a "blow up girlfriend" by why not go all the way.

A public hanging during retreat would be cool too. Someone could play taps.

Three octaves up.... :ph34r:

I think they were yelling krista!. Was that the 2000 DCI finals in MD.

Classic was the guy who yelled in 1992 Crossmen in the end of the Journey Under the Sun,

CROSSMEN DRUMLINEeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I still have that embeded into my mind. Also we love you Danny on the Madison 95 also during the ballad.

It is ironic how nobody likes the people who make the cds but what about all the talking and chanting and amps on the cds. Do they edit that out? That would annoy me terrible especially hearing the girl sing on the Cadets last year. Imagine having it cranked up in your car and all of a sudden the amp and singing comes on. I have not bought a DCI cd since this. Let me know if it is edited

• Like 1

Eh, crowd interaction at any point is not that big a deal - I'm actually more put off by the recent CDs that dampen the crowd response. What might be a roar in the stadium sounds like a meow on the CDs. If you want studio quality then find concert recordings and listen to those, but live recordings kind of imply a certain amount of crowd interaction. I just get the feeling that some of you are losing the forest for the trees - this is drum corps, not a symphony concert.

Edited by raphael18
  • Like 1

Classic was the guy who yelled in 1992 Crossmen in the end of the Journey Under the Sun,

CROSSMEN DRUMLINEeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I still have that embeded into my mind.

Toby Bathurst. Marauders Cymbal/Bass Tech Extraordinaire. Had a little bit to drink that night...made that lil outburst from within the Bones staff zone. They did indeed give him the stink face...but he made it out of Madison alive. Besides, we were all thinking it anyway, he just had the balls to say it.

• Like 1

Toby Bathurst. Marauders Cymbal/Bass Tech Extraordinaire. Had a little bit to drink that night...made that lil outburst from within the Bones staff zone. They did indeed give him the stink face...but he made it out of Madison alive. Besides, we were all thinking it anyway, he just had the balls to say it.

Why didn't he wait until after the show? One of the most beautiful shows in DCI and then...oh well.

Yelling because a corps does something great is one thing. Yelling just to make the CD is lame. Here's how you make the CD....march on Saturday night. If you can't do that....you're SOL.

Almost as lame are the guys in America/O'Canada that hang over at the end on some ugly note or take it up three octaves. Real classy.

haha, I thought it was hilariously sad when I heard how bad the last note on Champions Fanfare was on the DVD.

• Like 1