Drum Corps Marriages

I'm happy for a lot of the folks on here. The hard part is getting married to someone who DOESN'T know anything about Drum Corps. Ohhhhhhhhhh Lordy. :P

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I EVER get married again it WILL be to a woman who loves drum corps! My family loves it, my daughter likes it, My soon to be ex merely tolerated it. Live and learn.

If I EVER get married again it WILL be to a woman who loves drum corps! My family loves it, my daughter likes it, My soon to be ex merely tolerated it. Live and learn.

Feel free to refer to her as STBX.....I'll know what you mean. :sshh:

I marched with Crossmen through 1982 and met my future wife, Susan Alderman, who was marching with Suncoast Sound in the color guard. Best thing that ever happened and we have now been married almost 21 years and still doing the drum corps thing as a family now.

Also I might add that this is our oldest daughter, Laurens first year marching with the Teal Sound. She made the guard and we are both very proud of her as she begins her involvement in drum corps. Kind of neat being the director and the dad of a member at the same time!!!

My Mom & Dad (Jack and Edie (Booth) Meehan) met while with the Casper Troopers in the mid 60's. They will be celebrating their 28th anniversary this year.

My wife (Jackie (Woodley) Meehan) marched the Ventures 1984 (I believe) to 1991 and SCV 1992. We celebrated our 14th anniversary the day of the Concord Pavilion Concert last weekend (:laugh:).

Edited by jksmusic

I married a girl from the country and she had never heard of drum corps.

In 2001, I took her to FINALS in Buffalo and she said as much as she enjoyed it the six hours we sat and watched the whole finals pre show hoopla, she said that anytime I want to go to finals it's OK with her !!

Except this year...... :laugh::ph34r::laugh:

Ginger and I met marching Spirit in 1985. She had marched three years with Houston Nighthawks before that. (We actually had both marched our first show the same night in 1982 in Opelika, Alabama, though neither of us had any clue who the other was. Interestingly enough, our second child was born in Opelika, about a mile from the stadium where we marched that show, 11 years later).

She continued marching one more year after I aged out and I was teaching the brass line. We announced our engagement at the banquet in 1987 and got married the summer of 1988. I kept teaching, she volunteered for the corps in various capacities for several years, and our first child actually turned one on the road with Spirit in NYC in 1991.

I've taught/wrote/consulted with several corps over the years and I've often brought her in to help out with the guard when time permitted or there was a need.

We've got four kids, teach together with my band now, she is extremely active in the winterguard activity and both of us have dozens of current and former students marching/teaching all over the country every summer. Our oldest (the drum corps baby from '91) is now showing interest in marching sometime in the future and I would imagine if she ever does it once, she'll be hooked, just like we were.

Whole lot of worse addicitions in this world...... :)

Later, AA

I marched with Crossmen through 1982 and met my future wife, Susan Alderman, who was marching with Suncoast Sound in the color guard.

See my original post, do you know my wife?