DCPI-8 Schedule Announced!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no reason you can't go home Gary B)

I dont know--the rule states: Division 2/3 tour: The events from July 6-July 28 marked "D2/3" on the calendar are events on the division 2/3 tour; D2/3 corps may only attend these shows during this part of the season.

but the Montreal show is July 12th (for Les Blanc Chevalier) and if I compete that day--I am supposed to go to the division 2/3 show which is in Augusta GA--correct?

Yes those are mandatory but I had a similar situation last season where Star of Hawaii was hosting the Pacific Rim Championships and I was able to skip one D2 Focus show to attend that show in Honolulu.

Edited by StarOrg

Yes those are mandatory but I had a similar situation last season where Star of Hawaii was hosting the Pacific Rim Championships and I was able to skip one D2 Focus show to attend that show in Honolulu.

and you were the only division II corps there?

Gary (and all),

Sorry about the mixup. I've given the D2/3 tour some focus and have worked to refine it to make it equitable for all directors.

I had originally set it up with the idea of giving division 2/3 corps some events all of their own (like DCI does) to try and eliminate overcrowding at other events AND to keep them from getting crowded out by D1 corps (which we traditionally have more of). It's been very much a work-in-progress, trial/error thing. After working it through, what I've decided is this: the shows that are specified as D2/3 during those weeks will be for D2/3 corps only. The regular D1 events during the week will be for D1 corps only. The events at the END of those weeks (Toronto/Atlanta and San Antonio/Denver) will be open to ALL corps, regardless of division and open to as many corps as want to register, and I've marked those events on the calendar to make it clear which are which.

What I can do for your particular corps is make the Montreal show a D2/3 event, thus letting your D2/3 corps work along that leg of the season (and I'll also switch the dates of the Lexington and Bowling Green shows so that all of the Nastalgia corps can get to their home event). Sound good? :)

Thanks alot. We apprciate it.

Gary (and all),

Sorry about the mixup. I've given the D2/3 tour some focus and have worked to refine it to make it equitable for all directors.

I had originally set it up with the idea of giving division 2/3 corps some events all of their own (like DCI does) to try and eliminate overcrowding at other events AND to keep them from getting crowded out by D1 corps (which we traditionally have more of). It's been very much a work-in-progress, trial/error thing. After working it through, what I've decided is this: the shows that are specified as D2/3 during those weeks will be for D2/3 corps only. The regular D1 events during the week will be for D1 corps only. The events at the END of those weeks (Toronto/Atlanta and San Antonio/Denver) will be open to ALL corps, regardless of division and open to as many corps as want to register, and I've marked those events on the calendar to make it clear which are which.

What I can do for your particular corps is make the Montreal show a D2/3 event, thus letting your D2/3 corps work along that leg of the season (and I'll also switch the dates of the Lexington and Bowling Green shows so that all of the Nastalgia corps can get to their home event). Sound good? :)

sounds good to me--thanks

Gary (and all),

:ph34r: Now you feel the pain I had when I was doing the scheduling. I'm happy I passed that along to you. :P