Three Favorite Blue Devil Hornlines?

Personally, since 98 & 00 I haven't liked the writing/arranging as much as in the years following 00.

Edited by MJN

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, since 98 & 00 I haven't liked the writing/arranging as much as in previous years.

WORD (dah dah dah di dah dah)

1. 1991 - A lesson in perfection, control, dynamics and color. So unbelievably pure.

2. 1988 - Again the dynamics and control of this line, Jazz perfected and presented flawlessly. The most colorful sounding hornline I ever heard.

3. 1982 - Dynamics a-plenty as well as fully developed melodies, various tempos and maturity in both performance and delivery.

HM: 1984/1994

~G~

I was going to choose 84, but for some reason that "la fiesta" chart kept me from doing so. I dont know, it lacked energy and passion and really wasnt that loud when it should have been. :rolleyes:

~G~

*slap* :P

'80 – incredibly smooth

'84 – spectacular energy (LOVE La Fiesta!)

'86 – near perfection!

. . . and no, I'm not an old guy who has no respect for the current state of the activity . . . those just happen to be my three favorite BD hornlines. But there are many, many, more recenty hornlines that would be runners-up.

Ha-ha! Old guys are so funny! (J/K Don!)

Can't believe I'm the first to say 94! 94, 94, 94!! Victory arc at Ypsilanti was...wow! Sat in front row--literally, we were 8 feet further back at the end than the beginning. I hope they did structural work after that show.

92 and 93 after that. 92 was catchy, 93 was a soloists dream!

Wow. This is... tough.

1. 1993 - That horn book was amazing, and the soloists were out of control.

2. 1988 - Like a brass big band on the field.

3. 2001 - I don't know. I just love that hornline. The post-tank chord is one of the best in corps history, and I love the trumpet solo into small ensemble into big hit in the middle of the show. Not to mention that ascending trumpet line at the very end of the show.

Honorable mentions: 1984, 1986, 1994, 1995, 1999, 2003, 2004.

:rolleyes::laugh::blink: Listening to 88 on my new noise cancellation headphones. It's awesome.

Edited by TSRTS13