"You gotta be kidding! A tie?"

:worthy: WOW!!! That's pretty cool

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should add it was my editor's idea to post the sound clip of the scores being announced. Nice "value added."

Man, that place went nuts when they said Phantom got a share of the championship.

Still, I can't wait until Phantom gets a title of their own. Hopefully, this will be the year! *keeps fingers crossed*

Going to the part where Crocker says "a tie for first place," maybe it's just me, but does he sound really unenthusiastic about that?

Well, I mean, it's hard to get excited about a tie.

Going to the part where Crocker says "a tie for first place," maybe it's just me, but does he sound really unenthusiastic about that?

It's all in the delivery...saying it low and slow DID kinda ensure it came out clear and unmistakable...

I remember standing on the field during retreat when I heard this. I was like, "What the heck?" With Phantom in the bottom of the Top 6 coming into Finals Week, no one thought they could go from 4th at Quarters to 1st in Finals. Tying for first place with BD aside, it was quite a shocker to see them jump up like that.

Edited by GMKuzma

It's all in the delivery...saying it low and slow DID kinda ensure it came out clear and unmistakable...

True. Can you imagine the reaction of the audience if you added confusion from not hearing clearly what was said to the confusion already resulting from hearing it?

I'd say he sounds enthusiastic enough when he growls out Regiment's name at the end in his trademark style.

Back in my 2nd year marching (1978) Phantom and SCV tied for first at DCI Championship prelims in Denver. We were actually given instructions that if they tied in finals, that we would be exiting the field quickly, as the two corps would play it off, as was in the rules at that time!! Ironically, in prelims when they tied, Vanguard had a .1 penalty and Phantom went penalty free. In finals, before penalties they were tied, but Phantom has a .1 penalty (rifle drop) and lost by .1. That was kind of sad, as I understand that the person who dropped felt responsible for the loss...........it would have been a wild scene if they had to play it off, and "historical'..........GB