The ten most annoying moments in DCI history

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. The tenor dropping his sticks in cavies 03, but that's been mentioned....

1...the rifle drop in cavlies 2000 show...am i the only one who's noticed this?? He drops it, and then tries to pick it up, and misses...and picks it up again...and...blah...just annoys me, lol.

I don't know, I think mid-night breakdowns are some of the most interesting experiences in drum corps. Haha, not that they're pleasant at the time. But they make for good stories.

thats the mindset to have, haha. it makes tour a hell of a lot better.

(dealing with that stuff on a CONSISTENT BASIS is no fun, though. thanks magical charters. you suck.)

It's funny. SOME of the really annoying moments also turned into a great point of humor thanks to boisterous crowds at Finals.

1. Cadets whole "When I was in High School" narration section in the 07 show (made funny by the Tell it to Oprah crack that made the Quarterfinals crowd roar).

2. The alarm going off at Foxboro during Finals in 2005.

3. The bugs in the upper deck in Madison in 2002.

4. The Buzzing Melissa banner plane in Buffalo in 2001. (made funny by the crowd chants of Melissa that followed, along with the group that yelled "Go Melissa!" for many other corps that came later, including the Cavaliers)

5. Yowza, Yowza, Yowza...Owza.

6. The discontinuation of the "pre-buy" line on Thursday mornign of Quarterfinals for repeat "Super 3 buyers" Still booing on that one. :(

7. The buzz from the lights at the Rose Bowl

8. Jackson Mississippi's burning inferno from hell.

9. The Rain around 6pm EVERY YEAR in Orlando

10. Boston Crusaders whole "Aqua! Orange!, etc" Color narration in 2005.

Harvey

So you dislike keeping time?

You don't hear the horns or the pit dut-ing. Nor your local symphony. Musicians ought to be able to internalize a pulse for a few measures, don't you think?

You don't hear the horns or the pit dut-ing. Nor your local symphony. Musicians ought to be able to internalize a pulse for a few measures, don't you think?

Nope

Seriously...it doesnt bother me, and it does work. If you want, there's a whole #####-fest thread about dutting somewhere on page 68 or something for you.

I am a horn player and I was designated to dut several times during the show last year. A concert setting and a drum corps setting are two completely different things. Based on staging, your eye and ear responsibilities are constantly changing. Albeit, I agree that the performers should have some sense of internal pulse.

I am a horn player and I was designated to dut several times during the show last year. A concert setting and a drum corps setting are two completely different things. Based on staging, your eye and ear responsibilities are constantly changing. Albeit, I agree that the performers should have some sense of internal pulse.

Thanks. I'm still learning.

1. Cadets whole "When I was in High School" narration section in the 07 show (made funny by the Tell it to Oprah crack that made the Quarterfinals crowd roar).

4. The Buzzing Melissa banner plane in Buffalo in 2001. (made funny by the crowd chants of Melissa that followed, along with the group that yelled "Go Melissa!" for many other corps that came later, including the Cavaliers)

Yeah, audience members acting like juvenile ######## and heckling the performing members is hilarious.