The ultimate judges tape...

I'm going to hell for saying this. And I apologize to the Gods of Judging for what I'm about to say.

You know, I've always joked that if you felt bad about your life for whatever reason, you could always tune into Cops or Judge Judy and realize that, really, your life ain't that bad and you're better than you think.

I'm sorry--but if I ever feel as a judge that I'm not quite living up to my potential, I'll bust out this recording. I'm sure he has a ton of experience as an educator, but man...this recording...

One word.

HOLYCRAP.

• Like 1

I'm going to hell for saying this. And I apologize to the Gods of Judging for what I'm about to say.

You know, I've always joked that if you felt bad about your life for whatever reason, you could always tune into Cops or Judge Judy and realize that, really, your life ain't that bad and you're better than you think.

I'm sorry--but if I ever feel as a judge that I'm not quite living up to my potential, I'll bust out this recording. I'm sure he has a ton of experience as an educator, but man...this recording...

One word.

HOLYCRAP.

Ryan,

I posted this same "tape" over on World of Pageantry to see what peoples reactions would be, and the thread ended up getting locked. Some folks over there seemed to have no humor about this... But what you said, is exactly what I was thinking as I listened to the tape. Nothing against the man, he has a lot of experience with educating...but the tape was like you said... HOLYCRAP! (or W.O.W.)

• 6 years later...

Kinda makes me wonder about the phrasing.

Will our buddy Doyle be judging in Indianapolis this weekend?

Will he be the chief judge? I can't wait to hear his tapes.

p.s., a permanent copy of the tape can be found here:

http://drumfunny.com/tag/doyle-gammill/

Edited by oldschooldbc

Wow... a six year old thread bump. Nice! :thumbup:

• Like 3