The Kilties Welcome Scott Stewart

Welcome to the Kilties Andy!!!

It was great meeting you this weekend, and I just wanted to say that you looked GREAT in your kilt at the Memorial Day Parade on Monday.

Once again... welcome aboard!

JC - thanks. It been something I've always wanted to do. I'll fill you in on the details sometime. Anyway, I've got a lot to learn and learn it fast. The parade was great. My mom, wife, and 7 year old son started crying when we came around the curve and started playing right in front of them. I'll remember it forever. See you in 2 weeks.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JC - thanks. It been something I've always wanted to do. I'll fill you in on the details sometime. Anyway, I've got a lot to learn and learn it fast. The parade was great. My mom, wife, and 7 year old son started crying when we came around the curve and started playing right in front of them. I'll remember it forever. See you in 2 weeks.

Great marching next to you in the parade Andy!! And great to have you (and your family) part of the "Kiltie Family" As promised Andy, today I sent some more detailed music out with some notations.

As a sidenote, the final two brass spots are open for application. And we can still add one more snare and a tenor. We have a great staff that will give personal attention and instruction to bring any applicants "up to speed" in a timely manner.

Next camp June 9/10th!!

Edited by bill

Great marching next to you in the parade Andy!! And great to have you (and your family) part of the "Kiltie Family" As promised Andy, today I sent some more detailed music out with some notations.

As a sidenote, the final two brass spots are open for application. And we can still add one more snare and a tenor. We have a great staff that will give personal attention and instruction to bring any applicants "up to speed" in a timely manner.

Next camp June 9/10th!!

Thanks Bill. And yes, I had a VERY experienced staff member with me all weekend, and I made it thru drill on 3 tunes by the end of the weekend.

Scott,

Great to see you back - you been missed!

Michael

• 1 month later...

I would love to march under Scott's leadership.

He has already tried to get my husband and me to join next year.

I just don't know if my old knees could handle it! :huh:

Looking forward to seeing what happens.

I would love to march under Scott's leadership.

He has already tried to get my husband and me to join next year.

I just don't know if my old knees could handle it! :huh:

Looking forward to seeing what happens.

Sitting in a circle listening to Scott brought back some great memories. Scott inspires confidence like not many leaders I have ever known, but he knows each one of his people and cares about them. Personally I hope this is the beginning of a long and fruitful run down in Racine. He's the real deal and Kilties are going to be improved for his participation.

Scott directing the Kilties is one of the best pieces of drum corps news I've heard in a long time.

Best of luck, Kilts for a great 2007 and recruiting for 2008!