Ridiculous new rules

If that has been a rule forever, why are we just now deciding to enforce it?

Okay I have to answer your question, first, with a question.

Does a rule enforcement need to be front page news in order for you to accept that it's been enforced in the past?

Here's the truth -- yes, TRUTH -- I have personally enforced this very rule more than one time while I was the Senior FSTM (way back before there was anything like a Site Administrator) of this site.

As the site administration has repeatedly reminded you (you general, not you specific), they cannot be everywhere and see everything. MOST moderation is initiated by somebody, somewhere, deciding to use that fancy little "REPORT" button in the bottom corner of your screen. Not only that, once somebody ASKS for moderator review, it's up to the moderator to review the objectionable content and make a decision on what to do about it or IF they need to do anything based on the site guidelines. Sometimes that results in NO moderation.

As it's ALSO been repeatedly pointed out, in the former CE forum, where comments and photos like that were expected to reside, the regular forum guidelines were suspended.. so implying that a rule that's been around since the beginning is being either "ignored" or only just now being enforced is somewhat inaccurate. No, it's ENTIRELY inaccurate because the rule HAS been enforced previously and with fairly regular consistency -- it's just not getting broadcast every time it happens.

Stef

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dcp has jumped the shark. it can't even keep a consistent set of guidelines. funny.

From what I've been reading that seems to be what's happening. Either do for all or do for none. You can't have it both ways.

Okay I have to answer your question, first, with a question.

Does a rule enforcement need to be front page news in order for you to accept that it's been enforced in the past?

Here's the truth -- yes, TRUTH -- I have personally enforced this very rule more than one time while I was the Senior FSTM (way back before there was anything like a Site Administrator) of this site.

As the site administration has repeatedly reminded you (you general, not you specific), they cannot be everywhere and see everything. MOST moderation is initiated by somebody, somewhere, deciding to use that fancy little "REPORT" button in the bottom corner of your screen. Not only that, once somebody ASKS for moderator review, it's up to the moderator to review the objectionable content and make a decision on what to do about it or IF they need to do anything based on the site guidelines. Sometimes that results in NO moderation.

As it's ALSO been repeatedly pointed out, in the former CE forum, where comments and photos like that were expected to reside, the regular forum guidelines were suspended.. so implying that a rule that's been around since the beginning is being either "ignored" or only just now being enforced is somewhat inaccurate. No, it's ENTIRELY inaccurate because the rule HAS been enforced previously and with fairly regular consistency -- it's just not getting broadcast every time it happens.

Stef

Stef, I am in no way accusing you personally. You know that.

But, on several occasions I have seen regular posters here on DCP have political signatures right down to "Vote for _______" and those signatures were mainstays in those people's signatures for a long time.

You may have personally enforced that when you were aware of it back when you were a mod, but I can say with certainty that this rule has not been enforced in more recent times by the current mods, and no, this has NOTHING to do with the CE forum. One of the most active posters on DCP has had a political sig for a long time until this recent re-enforcement.

Not for anything more than clarity but this:

is not a new rule. Not by a long-shot.

This rule (or something very similar to it) was in place in the very FIRST community guidelines we put up back when George, Andrew and I got this place going back in the dark ages.

Stef

Well then, it was a ridiculous rule then, and it still is now.

Ok, I PMed him and have received no reply, so now I have to ask how is it Sideways avatar mocking the head of the Catholic Church is allowed to stand?

Dan - PMed who?

Dan - PMed who?

Sideways.

godkillsakitten.jpg

Against guidelines?

Bad Terri. Bad bad Terri. And now it's time for the spankings.

Bad Terri. Bad bad Terri. And now it's time for the spankings.

:laugh: