DCA New 35 Rule

Actually, on the West Coast, it has been hardest to fill the percussion sections (at least for Renegades and Dream, that seems to hae been the case).

Actually its the other way for that other West Coast corps.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With this new DCA 35 member mininum affecting some new and old corps, what section is the most difficult to fill?

I'm struck by the irrelevancy of the question, to the 35 minimum marching member ruling. A corps could have membership shortcomings in certain sections no matter what their size, age or last year's championships placement. Just sayin'

Jerry

Edited by jware

Man the Sierra Rabbits blew the pontoons right off our party boat after trying to squeeze 41 Bob's Bigboy mascots onto it during our last perscussion sectional. Freaking drummers.

Mom

Edited by Snapettes Mom

Actually its the other way for that other West Coast corps.

Cool beans, that's why I only spoke of Dream and Renegades.

Frankly, I don't know much about RCR anymore ... haven't even had the chance to see them perform in a few years. I'm sure they're doing great though.

We don't "fill" our sections. We take whoever commits to the summer program and declare that our full drum corps.

I'm struck by the irrelevancy of the question, to the 35 minimum marching member ruling. A corps could have membership shortcomings in certain sections no matter what their size, age or last year's championships placement. Just sayin'

Jerry

Tell us about the shortcomings in the Bucs this year... only 15 alternates? :laugh:

At the Austin Stars open house, there was something like 15 drums to about 8 horns. No attempt at doing guard this year. And with the ballance issue of horns vs. drums each section has gone it's own way this season. Hopefully there's enough next season to put on a field show, or other show type with movement.

Percussion:

For the most part we're having a tough time filling up a battery.

Brass:

Literally we've had 6 contras quit, luckily we could adapt to a few circumstances and get two of them back. But it's been a pain in the butt to fill in the last remaining horn spots.

Guard:

So far it looks like they're going to fill out nicely.

But once everything is filled out that's going to make for one hell of a party!!!! B)

Drumline has been the hardest for GCS this year. We've lost three highschoolers in the last two camps. Being the oldest marching member of the drumline (at almost 48 years old), I want to retire to the pit in a few years, but unless we get a consistent base, I'm never going to get to retire.

Sunrisers have a big drumline, a HUGE guard, and a modest hornline. I know the guard will be our strong point, but I can't help but hope that we fill out those last few horn spots and march a full ensemble this year. It'll really be something when we do.