Baraboo - Thursday Evening

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very Cool!

It'll be great to meet up with our brothers again at the Kiltie Klassic.

Add to that 4 MBI brothers as well. I look forward to meeting up with them and teaching again next weekend.

MYNWA

I'm sure they may still have HS students who still have school commitments until the end of this week. Usually Midwest schools are still in session through the second week of June.

Here's a rough count from viewing the pic...

Battery 9-3-5 did not see a cymbal line in the pic

Pit 10-11 couldn't see all the way down to the end of the pic

62-63 brass counting heads...I'm close but might be one more or less. It's tough to see the far side of the pic.

1 DM

No guard pictured, but then...it's a concert performance.

Again, these numbers are preliminary as again, they may have members with outstanding school committments.

How did it sound????

That's 90 musicians plus color guard, which I was told is under 20. 90 brass and percussion isn't much smaller than most D1 corps, but if they are indeed under 20 in the guard it could be a problem. I saw Bluecoats earlier this week and counted almost 40 in their guard. Could be tough, visually, if the Scouts are 20-25 smaller than most D1 corps.

Maybe they've picked up some more guard members in the past few days.

That's 90 musicians plus color guard, which I was told is under 20. 90 brass and percussion isn't much smaller than most D1 corps, but if they are indeed under 20 in the guard it could be a problem. I saw Bluecoats earlier this week and counted almost 40 in their guard. Could be tough, visually, if the Scouts are 20-25 smaller than most D1 corps.

Maybe they've picked up some more guard members in the past few days.

as long as they spin well they can score well

Edited by Cop

Rumors suck, much like most of the people here.

I assure you all Scouts will be fine.

-MelloHorn13

Edited by Cdatedms

Did anyone go to the concert tonight? How was it?

Yes I went. It was moved indoors due to the weather that threatened. It was very cool. Hard to hear alot of dynamic and detail, but the shows music is fantastic. Cant wait to see them on the 29th drums on parade.

I saw them perform outdoors at Verona H.S. yesterday morning.

It was the first time I heard the whole show played non stop and the first time outdoors.

There were a few guys missing and the guard was not there for the standstill.

Being outside you could really hear the horn parts much better than the gymnasium echo chamber.

I think the show flows very well, the horn book is entertaining and difficult and I LOVE the drum book.

The opener Kashmir is like John Bonham coming at you full force and there are some very groovin parts in the Tango section.

I have not seen them march yet but one of the guys in the corps told me "its very demanding".

It was a morning well worth skipping work!

Rumors suck, much like most of the people here.

With the exception of you, of course.

I heard FROM A CURRENT SCOUT that the guard was under 20. If that is not true, tell us

what the real number is.

But in this day and age, guard scores have MUCH more to do with total visual package

than with how great you spin. Let's face it...there's not that much spinning anymore.

It will be very difficult for a guard of 20 to compete with guards of 40...when those

40 also know how to spin.

My post was not meant to attack the Scouts in any way. I hope they come out and

blow us away!