SKY ... HW.... DCA?

A situation has never happened quite like this. To simply write it off as garden-variety but somewhat acceptable bad behavior hurts our activity ... as demonstrated by yesterday's sad announcement.

Yeah - I am simply writing this off and find this "somewhat" acceptable - thats what I said.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky I will miss you folks. Hurry back DCA will not be the same without you folks on the field.

Edited by cabsbari79

A code of ethics for the formation of new corps would be a good starting point.

Like requiring the corps to raise 100% of their funds/budget only from the members pocketbooks. And that all members must purchase their own equipment including horns, drums, silks, uniforms and uniform parts. If you can overcome those obstacles, then something like a phone list is hardly worth mentioning. Not to say that it was the right thing to do. But it is what it is.

Wow... after reading Lee's blog and the various PMs and emails I've received I can't believe this stuff still goes on. Can it possibly get any uglier?

I'm not sure what to think of the DCA managing body either. If they were aware of what happened as it was happening and still allowed fusion to compete what does that say about current management ideology? Is DCA every man for himself, the ends justify the means? It would appear so.

I've seen this scenario many times before and I can't believe it still happens. Why does history keep repeating itself?

I'll try to forget all this as I watch my first show this season in Wildwood next week.

See Y'all on the fity.

cent

I have said everything I have to say about this. Have a good season everyone.

See you down the road ...

After reading Lee Rudnicki’s blog I wonder if he will let Marino/Fusion supporters post their side of the story!!

As an attorney Lee should know that the accused should have their time to present their case!

Lee what are you so afraid of? Perhaps you have something to hide? If your telling the “truth” why wouldn’t you allow others to post on your blog.

Fusion Core has conducted themselves with class and dignity during this unfortunate situation. There are always two sides to the story!! If you so concerned with the “truth” let’s get all the dirt on the table and let the drum corps community know the entire “truth” not just your “version”.

Are you man enough!

Edited by Lovedrumc

Wow... after reading Lee's blog and the various PMs and emails I've received I can't believe this stuff still goes on. Can it possibly get any uglier?

I'm not sure what to think of the DCA managing body either. If they were aware of what happened as it was happening and still allowed fusion to compete what does that say about current management ideology? Is DCA every man for himself, the ends justify the means? It would appear so.

I've seen this scenario many times before and I can't believe it still happens. Why does history keep repeating itself?

I'll try to forget all this as I watch my first show this season in Wildwood next week.

See Y'all on the fity.

cent

Wow Luis,

I pmd you last night and you told me you were indifferent to what goes on. That's not what this post says.

If you are going to make a suggestion like you just did, at least you can listen to the other side, but you said you didn't want to. Perhaps you wanted it done publically, but that would just cause drama and is that what you wanted more of? Drama, NOT TRUTH.

After reading Lee Rudnicki’s blog I wonder if he will let Marino/Fusion supporters post their side of the story!!

As an attorney Lee should know that the accused should have their time to present their case!

Lee what are you so afraid of? Perhaps you have something to hide? If your telling the “truth” why wouldn’t you allow others to post on your blog.

Fusion Core has conducted themselves with class and dignity during this unfortunate situation. There are always two sides to the story!! If you so concerned with the “truth” let’s get all the dirt on the table and let the drum corps community know the entire “truth” not just your “version”.

Are you man enough!

Well, if one reads this blog, it is very long on drama and short on facts, this is little more than propaganda, generated by guess what, a lawyer, a person who doesn't want all the facts to be seen, only his side of the story. No surprises here.

Bill

I just read Lee's blog about what happened.

I'll wait til I hear the other side.

Edited by bumo27

Wow Luis,

I pmd you last night and you told me you were indifferent to what goes on. That's not what this post says.

If you are going to make a suggestion like you just did, at least you can listen to the other side, but you said you didn't want to. Perhaps you wanted it done publically, but that would just cause drama and is that what you wanted more of? Drama, NOT TRUTH.

Why not tell us the other side then? Until we hear it, we're kinda forced to side with Lee and the Skyliners.