NEW BLUECOATS UNIS!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:huh: what was so bad with the old uni that they had to change it . Its diffrent all right , i like it , but not as much as the old uni.

Nothing wrong with the old uni, this is part of the total overhaul of the Bluecoats "brand image".

I believe you, but the homepage lists Stanbury as their uniform supplier.

The homepage also lists Bradley Sexton Designs under "concept".

Let's see what this uni looks like with the full corps under the lights. That flap might become the best uniform accessory since capes for all we know.

Bravo!

I guess since they've ditched the old unis, I can come out and say it now.

I HATED THE OLD UNIFORMS! White helmets....ick...looked like a bunch of Q-tips out there! They were short, dumpy and, fat looking. I think their "look" had more to do with me NOT enjoying their programming for years.

This is refreshing and I like it. Go BLLUUUU

FINALLY someone saying the same thing I've said for years!! It has nothing to do with "hating"....I've just NEVER liked the uniform!!! haha FINALLY SOME VINDICATION (for those who think I'm just a "playa hata")!!!!! lol :P

You are aware that the Bluecoats heritage is that from a Police Boys Club....that our founders were part of the Canton Police and that the uniform, in part, is to remain close to the heritage of the corps? Right? You knew that. Thats the point.

Yep...but "police constable" denotes the BRITISH officers. If they want to honor the officers, then how about traditional police caps?? They look like british cops.

Ok.

The word "bluecoat" is synonymous in Great Britian for a constable.

From the answers.com website:

bluecoat

noun

A member of a law-enforcement agency: finest, officer, patrolman, patrolwoman, peace officer, police, policeman, police officer, policewoman. Informal cop, law. Slang bull, copper, flatfoot, fuzz, gendarme, heat, man (often uppercase). Chiefly British bobby, constable, peeler. See law.

(scratches head: I thought everybody knew that a bluecoat was a constable or police officer)

Elmo Blatch

Ok.

The word "bluecoat" is synonymous in Great Britian for a constable.

From the answers.com website:

bluecoat

noun

A member of a law-enforcement agency: finest, officer, patrolman, patrolwoman, peace officer, police, policeman, police officer, policewoman. Informal cop, law. Slang bull, copper, flatfoot, fuzz, gendarme, heat, man (often uppercase). Chiefly British bobby, constable, peeler. See law.

(scratches head: I thought everybody knew that a bluecoat was a constable or police officer)

Elmo Blatch

Well, if that's what they're going for with the british constable look, then they've nailed it. Still not a fan of it, but whatever...