John Williams and The Cadets

Danny Elfman also does all the music for the Simpsons.

Edited by rosski47

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add to that the "Futurama" theme.

Also: "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and "Spiderman 3"

Here is where my Futurama fanboy geekness comes out:

Danny Elfman had nothing to do with Futurama. The theme is based on a piece by a French composer named Michelle Columbier. The piece was called "Psyche Rock." Chris Tyng did the arrangement for the main theme, and writes all of the incidental music for the show.

Here is where my Futurama fanboy geekness comes out:

Danny Elfman had nothing to do with Futurama. The theme is based on a piece by a French composer named Michelle Columbier. The piece was called "Psyche Rock." Chris Tyng did the arrangement for the main theme, and writes all of the incidental music for the show.

Seriously?! ####, that sucks for Chris. Elfman basically gets credit for that theme all over the net.

Seriously?! ####, that sucks for Chris. Elfman basically gets credit for that theme all over the net.

Tyng is one heck of a composer...

I've run across a few sites that give correct credit, and the creators credit him constantly on the DVD commentaries. What with Futurama coming back, I am sure he's ok with it.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006326/

He's actually written a lot of scores, though none have been blockbusters. His three biggest hits appear to be Futurama, The OC, and Rescue Me.

Not quite. In fact, not by a long shot.

Danny Elfman wrote only the theme music. Alf Clausen writes the incidental music used in each episode.

Aw crap, you're right!

I can't believe I forgot about Alf Clausen. :huh:

Plus, he did the Desperate Housewives theme, if memory serves me correctly.

Among other tv themes. Elfman isn't hurting for business. He's among the most sought after film composers out there, and much better than John Williams, IMO. Williams' orchestraters do a good job, from what I've read, though. :)

My favorites by Elfman are Back to School, Good Will Hunting, and Sleepy Hollow. Those three really show that he's pretty eclectic...it's not all dark, almost goofy "Batman"/"Tales from the Crypt" (another tv theme) stuff. If I want a good march that ends with a bang, John Williams is my man, though.

Apropos of nothing, the main melody line of Star Wars is the melody line of another Williams movie theme, Born Free, turned upside down (sans an eighth note)...just thought that was interesting when I found out...nothing like recycling successful music with a twist!