New Uniform Pics and Discussion

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most interesting part for me is that Madison is the only corps whose new unis include wings on the shoulders. Don't guess it really means anything, just kind of interesting to note the trend.

Mike

I think the wings became too common. They were cool when Phantom brought them out in the 80s, and when the Cavaliers came out with their exaggerated version of them. I'm not sure which one came first, and I'm sure each design had nothing to do with the other. The Bluecoats unis had them and then everybody started following suit. THAT'S when the cookie-cutter uniforms started coming into the picture. Everyone started wearing a variation of the Phantom Regiment uniform. When we received the purple uniforms in 96 Crown I was well aware that I was wearing a purple Phantom Regiment uniform jacket. I really wish SCVs unis didn't have wings. I'm happy to see that they're not being used in a lot of these new uniforms.

Edited by Dash Fieldpaint

LOL this comming from a guard person! Thanks for the laugh, I needed it!

Ah, the standard "I know everything/done it all/expert" anonymous poster. Keep up the good work. :)

The uni looks bad, which is my opinion. It may be that they chose a uniform that looks good (to them) in natural light rather than just under the lights. It's very possible that they anticipate going on early again and they want a good effect from a daylight friendly uni.

The uni looks bad, which is my opinion. It may be that they chose a uniform that looks good (to them) in natural light rather than just under the lights. It's very possible that they anticipate going on early again and they want a good effect from a daylight friendly uni.

One word...ouch. Prepare yourself and don your asbestos underpants.

:laugh:

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding, but doesn't every corps pick the best uniform for multiple situations? In fact, most uniform choices weigh heavily on exactly how they WILL look under the lights.

I'm going to need new underpants if I have to read posts by TB all summer.........

Edited by Cop

Wow...Pwned...

So I am staying in La Crosse, WI for a work conference (great town BTW)...and the news did an awesome story on the Blue Stars. They showed their rehearsal and OMG!!!! Wait until you hear their sound! They also showed the new uniform, I think it is cool... B) I only saw the top and was on a hanger, but very nice nonetheless.

The news reporter was blonde and totally botched up the facts re: where finals were located last year, etc.

When I arrived in La Crosse, I got to my hotel ad looked out the window and the first thing I see is a Blue Stars bus parked in a lot behind the hotel. The bus is gone now since they are likely using it while they are in Sparta.

I am very much looking forward to seeing their show.

ok I have to hijack this thread ... I have heard the blue stars show and know the uniform changer ** no I am not telling you !!

but this is a quote from the Blue Star Forum about there performance in sparta tonight

"No narration, no singing, just balls-out amazing. Some very complex parts for all members, but they sound GREAT with 2 months left to clean this show up."

"All I can say is run, don't walk to see this show. I am so excited to see how high we can climb this year. Everyone is on their game and it is already showing. Members, staff, volunteers, anyone who has had a hand in this show deserves some big cheers. thumbup.gif"

I hope you all get to check it out !!