Drum Corps World Cup Uniforms

Hey Keith, did you read any of the "drum corps should be in the Olympics" thread from last month or so? Just for fun, could you design the uniforms for each nation's drum corps, pretending that there was drum corps in the Olympics or if there was a "World Cup of Drum Corps"? That would be cool. Do USA, Great Britain, Germany, The Netherlands, Japan, Canada, probably China or Australia too. Thanks! :)

Based on this awesome suggestion, I'm going to create some uniform designs for some of these nations.

I had a touch of free time today, and some ideas in mind, so here are the first two: Canada and the Netherlands.

Let me know what you guys think! :)

canada.jpg

netherlands.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Canadian one but I LOVE the Netherlands one :worthy:

Is there any way I could get this program?

Adobe Illustrator: http://www.adobe.com/products/illustrator/

Thanks for the kind words. :)

I love the Canadian one! I like how you hinted at the Mounties uniform. The Dutch one is cool but a little... orange... lol... If it were me I'd make it mostly black and white with orange trim. But if the Dutch love all that orange, let them wear it! Can't wait to see the others!

But if the Dutch love all that orange, let them wear it!

This is a portion of the dutch fans at the World Cup

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yappa/163275062/

.....they like their orange :P

Edited by Huntington Mallets

Here a little Germany action. Comments and critique are welcome.

germany.jpg

Excellent. Keep going, make some more!

This is great. I'm actually considering ordering that software

Very cool... just for fair warning, there's probably going to be a bit of a learning curve on it. There's some decent online tutorials, but understand that it's an industry standard program with a lot of powerful features, but also a lot to try to figure out.

Just giving you a heads up... I'd hate to see someone drop $600 on the program only to be taken off-guard by its complexity.

Just giving you a heads up... I'd hate to see someone drop $600 on the program only to be taken off-guard by its complexity.

.....wow I went to the site and saw "upgrade for 200" and immediately thought it was 200 dollars.......buying the software is out of the question now :worthy: